BRITAIN | Man 'glassed in the face' at Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses

by jwleaks 11 Replies latest jw friends

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

NEWS REPORT

13 February 2015

MAN 'GLASSED IN THE FACE' AT KINGDOM HALL OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

A man was struck in the face with a glass bottle in a nasty attack in Mirfield.

The assault happened at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Newgate at around 8pm on Thursday.

The Examiner understands a meeting was planned at the Kingdom Hall and the attack happened either in the entrance of the building or immediately in front of the premises.

Members of the congregation helped the 34-year-old victim and also detained the suspect.

The man was taken by ambulance to Bradford Royal Infirmary with injuries described as non-life threatening.

Det Insp Andy Leonard, of Kirklees CID, said: “A 34-year-old man appears to have been struck in the face with a bottle which has been used as a weapon.

“It is not clear whether the incident happened inside or in the immediate vicinity to the building.

“Members of the congregation detained a suspect until police arrived.”

A 36-year-old man was arrested but has since been taken to a mental health ward.

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

That is truly awful. All thoughts with the victim and their family and friends, let's hope the injuries heal well and the attacker gets the help he needs: like secure accommodation.

• cofty
    cofty
    Shocking!
  • zeb
    zeb
    Pretty terrifying thing to happen. Hope all are well.
  • SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    Sounds like the attacker was someone whose life was ruined by the JWs, but I shouldn't jump to conclusions.
  • Simon
    Simon
    Sounds like the attacker was someone whose life was ruined by the JWs, but I shouldn't jump to conclusions.

That is jumping to conclusions. I can think of very few cases that would justify something like that.

It's one reason why I find people trying to hype individual JWs as evil or "the enemy" is reckless and dangerous as there is always a risk that it will encourage someone who is perhaps a little unstable to take some action.

Attack the organization, attack the ideas, attack the practices. Under no circumstances attack the people.

• gda
    gda

disgruntle employee

none the less that is messed

• gda
    gda
    by the way....why does the kingdom hall above look so cute. (nice cozy house)
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Was this Derek Ohare?
  • Simon
    Simon

Whoever it was, they are an idiot.

It isn't clear if the person attacked someone directly or threw a bottle. In either case it's a STUPID thing to do - there are families with small children at most Kingdom Halls and they don't need to be hurt or witness someone committing assault.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit