Disfellowshipped Counted?

by YHWHWho 11 Replies latest jw friends

• YHWHWho
    YHWHWho

My brother was just here and of course since we are both disfellowshipped we have nothing better to talk about than JW BS. So as he understands it those of us that are disfellowshipped are still counted as JW's by the society. Can that be possible? On one hand I could understand the math. Sort of like getting 15 service hours out of 1 car full of publishers/pioneers who only spent 12 minutes "spreading this good news...." by signing out the most remote territory available. Okay, no problem. Whatever makes them feel good. But then again, let's suppose that the government decides that maybe the society has gone to far. Maybe they decide the society is just another Branch Davidian group. As my brother points out, "if they count me, they know who I am. If they know who I am, they can find me." What do you think, can this be so?

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

if you are df'd you are not counted..the numbers are "active kingdom publishers"....take a look at the service year tally...you will see an increase in baptism, but due to people leaving there is no increase...if we counted everyone who left we would be somewhere around 10 billion.

i think you and your brother need to get out of Idaho.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I don't think so. I understand that the counts are made by publisher reports. So, even a person who is just inactive for a full year, is not part of the count.

I guess conversely, if someone turns in time for even one month out of the year, they ARE part of the count. Am I right about that?

• YHWHWho
    YHWHWho

Okay, thanks for the input.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

As far as I remember, after 6 months you are considered inactive.

If you skip a month, then you are irregular.

Slipnslidemaster: "Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
    - Henry Ford

• blondie
    blondie

Are DF'd people counted at the meetings?

• gsark
    gsark

<"Are DF'd people counted at the meetings?">

I believe that they are, and also at conventions/assemblies. I believe that they are also counted at the Memorial Observance.

But if by some chance someone 'unapproved' partakes of the emblems, they 'may' not be counted as a 'partaker'.

Life is a roller coaster. Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on!

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

df'd people are indeed counted at the meetings and conventions...

and so are df's counted if they partake...I am not kidding..so if all of you wanted to screw things up for the society..go and partake......

• Kent
    Kent
    if you are df'd you are not counted..the numbers are "active kingdom publishers"....

I'm sorry, but that's NOT correct! How many "active" JWs is there in Norway? The official figure from the Watchtower is about 15.800 - and they get payed from the Norwegian authorities for that many members!

We all know there is only around 9.600 or so braindead swindlers in this country!

The only word for this is FRAUD!

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between a fool and the JW legal department is that a fool might be sympathetic ."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Daisymay
    Daisymay

DF'ed or non-believers (anyone not annointed) who would partake were not counted in my old congregation - bishop, CA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit