Living in a new area...again

by Chia 11 Replies latest social relationships

• chrissy
    chrissy

hi chia,

i was going to respond to another thread of yours when i read you were relocating to PA but did not get a chance to. actually i had a response all typed out but was running late for a class and did not save it.

yes I have been there. i've moved all over the country throughout the past five years, supporting my husband and his job. from pa to ks, to md, ri, and now wa state. some of those places nice, others down right dreadful geographically speaking.

here is what i wish i knew. do not stay indoors. get out there and meet people, make connections. get a job, as you seem to be already working on. (i have a job interview tomorrow too...good luck to us!) do not allow yourself to become codependent on your boyfriend...at all. not saying you would or will. but coming out of the org, moving to a new place w. no family...a few conditions that would make such a thing very possible for any young woman. even if he is the world's swellest bf, your sense of self worth and adjustment ability will be stronger if you can stand on your own two feet independently from him.

i am proud of you for having the courage to leave home. hope all is working out for your brother. if you ever get lonely, bored, depressed, find yourself laying on the floor staring at the ceiling wondering how the heck did i get here?, etc. pm me.

chrissy

• Chia
    Chia

Excellent advice Chrissy. Thanks so much for that. We're officially moving this weekend. Hopefully the job interview goes well, and on weekends I will make it a point to go out walking and explore and see who I can meet. This is actually an exciting time for me! Good luck on your job interview tomorrow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit