Isn't it amazing?

by free2beme 5 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I was watching the news coverage of the disaster and seeing how bad it is turning. I find it so amazing how as human beings, we can become like animals in our nature in seconds. Killing, lotting, stealing and showing no love of neighbor. I realize this is only a small amount, but often when I have seen Hollywood movies that show "end of the world" or "major disaster" senerios. I have often felt the extreme behavior they depicted in the people was over the top and not possible, as I felt it would be a time for the human race and perhaps Americans to shine and show what they have in them. Instead, since seeing what is happening, I see that they knew what they were showing was entirely possible.

I live in a small town, and with seeing this mess in New Orleans, I am all the more thankful of that. Not saying small towns are the best, as they do have problems, but I know without a doubt that we would handle ourselves better then the big city, if this happened to us. Why? Well we have had events that shock our small town before and when it happened, I have within hours had neighbors knocking on our door to see if we were okay and needed anything, I have done the same with visiting people I knew were elderly when we had no power for days once in local issue that happened to see if they were okay and needed food, water, etc. What I did not see was people lotting, stealing, breaking things or news footage of a man running down the street with a dozen pair of stolen tennis shoes. I understand stealing food, water, diapers, etc ... they need this stuff. Stealing jewelry, shoes by the dozen, etc. that is wrong lotting. I suspect soon the death toll will grow higher as the national gaurd enforces martial law with gunfire. It's a sad day for the human race, everytime you see the dark side of the species.

Within two weeks another national disaster will probably hit, as this is the time of year for huricannes. I wonder how dark human's will become as the loom of natures normal flow of storms approaches. Will we grow darker in handling this, or will we advance to something more. One can only hope we are better then those who have been doing the worse of the events on New Orleans.

Oh, and one must know, in the Kingdom Hall right now there is a Witness asking, "how are the brother and sisters, and can I do anything to help THEM" ... as we know they do not care about anyone outside the fold, and that too is a darkness of the human race, love based only on what religion you belong too and not simple love of neighbor. Did the Jesus say, "love thy neighbor, as long as they are your exact Christian sect?"

• feelinglost
    feelinglost
    Oh, and one must know, in the Kingdom Hall right now there is a Witness asking, "how are the brother and sisters, and can I do anything to help THEM" ... as we know they do not care about anyone outside the fold,

That is too true. Not to mention the fact that I am sure all the Witnesses are discussing at meetings how this shows just how close to the end we are.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I'm scared about who I really am once the veneer of civilisation is gone.

• Gerard
    Gerard

I understand their desperation. But we are talking about CRIME and shooting at rescue helicopters and at police. How this helps them?

Crime has a black face. Some things don't seem to change.

Fire away....

• free2beme
    free2beme

Shotting at helicopters might be something Americans could accept in another country, as we label it "there not like us." When it happens here though and if it becomes more common and repeats, watch support drop for these people that need it.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Times like this really bring out the best and worst in the human race.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit