Those who saw 1914...

by OldSoul 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Flash

very very very very very very very very very late did I mention very? extremely? Impossibly?

• Flash
    Flash
    very very very very very very very very very late did I mention very? extremely? Impossibly?

LOL, I think that was Christ's point. People would be about ready to give up waiting before He comes.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    When do they actually "recant" anything?

They don't. They blame it on the "overzealous publishers". Remember 1975?

As for 1914, that's what really made me stumble. The "new light" on this generation seems like an old flashlight with almost dead batteries. They should have used duracell.

• steve2
    steve2

1914 will probably go the same way as all the other dates and promises made over the centuries, from the Adventist's 1844 expectations to Christ's promise to return "soon." These easy promises and confident prophecies will acrue undeserved significance and as a result, continue to mislead too-hopeful humans. Now I would never be so audacious to say that Christ is slow to return to earth, but let's put it this way: If I'd cooked a meal for him to have on his return in the first century, not only would the meal be fossilised but so would I.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit