Upcoming Granddaughter

by Mystery 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Mystery
    Mystery

I was a baptized JW growing up. I have not disassociated myself or been disfellowshipped. I chose to move 700+ miles from my JW family over 12 years ago. I can still speak to my family and occasionally visit. My sons were NOT brought up JW's.

My son, 17 years old, is on his way to "daddyhood" in 2 - 4 weeks. I wasn't real happy upon hearing the news, what 17 year old is mature enough to take care of a baby?!? But I have come to terms with it; I could set around and wonder about what a failure I am as a mother to "allow" such a thing to happen or I can accept it, help as I can and become excited about having a grand daughter named Jordyn. I have chose to 1) hope my son matures really fast! 2) To try my hardest to let him raise his daughter without (much) interference from me. 3) to love and spoil rotten my little Jordyn.

But - I still have not told my mom or sister (nor the rest of my JW family). I have decided to wait until the birth of my grand daughter and to send pictures of her to my mom along with a short note simply stating this is your great-grand daughter, you are welcome to come down to see her and spend time with us.

I am not even sure why I am posting this; I guess I am wondering if this is the end of my relationship (what little there really is) with my JW family. My family now is my husband and sons now; it has really been for quite a while. Now we add Jordyn. I have my family; the remainder can chose to disown me or not, but I do know one thing, she, Jordyn, will never be disowned by me as I more than likely will be from my JW family.

It is so sad that I even have to think about this sort of thing.

Love you mom - I am just really sorry that you will never know your great grand daughter or me for that matter.

• horrible life
    horrible life

He is way too young. But, this is nothing new to teenagers now days. The county I live in, has the highest pregnancy rates in the state. My first thought was, that it is your son, he has not really been exposed to the witnesses. So even though they may be shocked, its a little baby girl!! Then I realized that you live several hundred miles from them. That may be an excuse for them. Maybe you all could go visit, and see home.

With all of this said, my parents live 180 miles away, my daughter is 14, and I could count on my fingers and maybe a few toes, how many times they have seen her. Oh how I wish there were never such a thing as a JW. Congratulations on (almost) getting a granddaughter, Spoil her rotten... HL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit