Anybody ever see anyone put money in those cardboard boxes?

by wordlywife 3 Replies latest jw friends

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

I actually saw two people put money in at last weekend's convention. I saw a boy who put in 5 bucks, and MY HUSBAND, who put in a twenty!! Ugh!

Anyone know how much they actually do collect on average at one of those conventions (6,000 or so attended)? There was no one else I saw even close to the boxes except the attendants.....

Worldly wife............

• Honesty
    Honesty

If checks count as money, Richie Rich deposited plenty of checks in the cardboard donation boxes at the convention in NC he faithfully attended.

• delilah
    delilah

LOL Honesty..... I'll bet they got more than a kick out of those checks......

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I remember very well the frustration I felt when I saw my father drop a twenty or two in those box. Especially since I knew very well we needed those bucks more then the big shots up there. He always fell for the "please donate generously with your heart" speaks and of course the nice smiling sisters sitting next to the box helped.

Just knowing he still regularly wastes money like that makes me mad, so I'll just not think about it. My bet is it gives him a nice warm feeling of generosity and accomplishement when he does so. I never found the heart to put even a buck in there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit