Happy positive lives after leaving

by tergiversator 24 Replies latest jw friends

• tergiversator
    tergiversator

Hey, wow, lots of good responses here... even GodRules, for showing everyone how the witnesses (and some other Christians, most likely) try to have it all ways: if you're a Witness and happy, Jehovah is blessing you; unhappy, and he's testing you; not a witness and happy, well, Satan's tricking you; out and unhappy, well, we told you so, didn't we?

Essie - I'd give you permission to put my post on your site except you already have something I wrote up there (submitted back on the H20 days, before I dreamt up the tergiversator nick)... dunno if you want people thinking you just recycle the same stories, eh?

Englishman - I don't believe you're anywhere near York? We'll be staying up there for a little over a week, with some time near London on the ends. Otherwise, it might be pretty cool to meet up, y'know, borrow your internet connection to check my email... er, ahem. I mean, get together and have some fine upbuilding association.

Anyhow, great stories, all of you. (Seeker4 - let us know when the book gets finished...) Keep 'em coming...

-T.

(edited to fix smiley)

• somebody
    somebody

I'm happier than I ever was as a JW.

peace,
    somebody

• Prisca
    Prisca

A great thread such as this doesn't deserve to be lost among the quagmire.

Surely those such as Kent, tina, Norm, and others who are so outspoken on other subjects can tell us how good life has been since they left.

Or does everyone who hasn't replied to this think they'd rather return to the Borg?

Come on, surely your life has inproved somehow since you left?

• think41self
    think41self

HA HA Prisca,

I don't know how I missed this thread the first time around. I have already posted how my life is now in the Personal Experiences forum, but I would be happy to contribute a brief synopsis.

I was raised a JW, stayed in for 36 years...been out 2 1/2 years. I STILL am bitter over my family shunning me...and especially my children, but it doesn't interfere with my quality of life. I married an ex JW almost 2 years ago, and since that time I have done more traveling than I'd done in my entire life before! I love to travel.

Together we have 3 teenage boys, and guess what? Not ONE of them is using drugs, sleeping around, screwing up their lives, or whatever. My oldest boy is a junior in high school, honor roll student...excited about the possibilities for his future...as I was never allowed to be. We love our kids in a non-judgemental fashion(i.e. if and when they DO screw up or have a problem, we will be there to help them and say "It's OK"....not "You have to report this to the elders" )

I have a job I do enjoy working with an investment firm, hubby is able to travel alot in his profession, which he couldn't do before(he was an elder and couldn't miss those meetings!). I am going back to school soon to begin working on my degree...don't really need it for my job, just want to get it...and the glorious freedom to be able to make this decision on my own...woohoo

Spiritual side...still open minded. I have not found any redeeming merits for myself in organized religion, especially Christian religions, but I have no judgementalism toward people of any faith! Still reading eastern philosophy and keeping my mind open.

Well, it's Sunday morning as I am replying to this, I am leislurely drinking my coffee and hubby is making me breakfast. We're going to the beach later probably....ahhhhh, life is gooooooood!

think41self

"When agnostics die, do they go to the great perhaps"?

• Kristen
    Kristen

Life began for me when I stopped attending meetings. I'm still learning how to adapt to the freedom, but you can count me in with the "Happy positive lives after leaving" crowd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit