Thou Shalt Not Consume Peanut Butter Before Thy God!

by Swan 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Swan
    Swan

Ténébreux, that's a very good point.

Here's the final part of my essay. Sorry it took so long to post, but I was distracted by the disaster this week:

Okay, lets take it further. Perhaps some trucker got snowed in somewhere on a remote stretch of highway in the Nevada desert, and survived for two weeks on nothing but his cargo of peanut butter and snow melt. Why is this person, that everyone else thinks is a survivor, thought of by you as a bad person for preserving his life in such a manner? Why is this person especially condemned when you find out he is also a member of your religion, and he chose to survive at the expense of violating the Godly peanut butter rule? Isn't this a matter between him and God?

Tammy

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Why do you need to substantiate your anti-peanut butter beliefs with studies that prove how toxic it is?

OK taking the peanut butter illustration .. well you could hardly believe that it was bad, 'just because it is'.. Your loving and wise god must have a reason , right? So you have to find that reason . In this word there is no difficulty in finding someone to say that anything is wrong. Bingo ! your belief is justified , you feel protected from harm , and of course you want to warn your friends .....

BTW when Jgnat mentioned aspartame, a witness proudly showed me a copy e mail that has been going the rounds among the"Sisters" , "explaining" how bad that stuff is. It just seemed strange that they would believe totally unsubstantiated claims like that, off the net, yet roundly condemn us for researching truths via this medium

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit