Cooking the Books

by individuals wife 13 Replies latest jw friends

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Ah, counting time. Seeker4, you used the old "what's jehovah's name" trick too huh? Doesn't surprise me - alot of us did. Yes, the tricks of getting time in during pioneering were many! Starting time in one cong and then going to the meeting for FS in another county over :) Or the old 'one call at the north side of the county, back to the south side for call #2' trick. Man those 10 hour days were MURDER. Ugh. <shudder>

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I remember living in Hawaii (where the territories were in the city and in small geographical areas) and hating the fact that we didn't have to drive very far to get somewhere. It was so difficult to get your time in. Sometimes we'd walk just to take longer! Whereas in Missouri and Kansas, our congregations territory was very spread out. Which worked out great for calculating time! Start your time by dropping off a magazine at the nearest laundrymat and then drive an hour to your rural territory. Sad that you learn at such an early age to twist the truth and be manipulative!

Billygoat

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Why don't you do what Fred does, NYT, and count your time spent here?

Q: How do you know a Dub loyal to "Jehovah's Organisation" is lying?
    A: Their lips are moving.

• Flip
    Flip
    you are left with the idea that the WTS picked the worst possible way to spread the message.

But a fool-proof method of trading their publications for cash by selling to captive consumers i.e. six million "publishers".

The time card is the motivator smoke-screen...the publication cash flow records are the quantifier.

Flip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit