Jesus, the first Jehovah witness

by SeymourButts 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

I just happened to be doing a little research today and came upon these "delightful words of truth". These are a few from an article in the Oct 1, 1960 Watchtower entitled... The Holy Bible—the Book by Jehovah’s Witnesses By birth Jesus was one of the nation of Israel to whom Jehovah God said, in Isaiah 43:10-12: “‘You are my witnesses,’ is the utterance of Jehovah.” So Jesus was born on earth to be Jehovah’s witness. This fact he refused to deny, even before the Roman Governor Pontius Pilate, who sentenced Jesus to death. To emphasize that Jesus was a witness the apostle Paul speaks of “Christ Jesus, who as a witness made the right public declaration in the audience of Pontius Pilate.” (1 Tim. 6:13) Further, out of Jesus’ own mouth we hear his confession to being Jehovah’s witness, when he says to Nicodemus, a Jewish teacher in Israel: “What we know we speak and what we have seen we bear witness of, but you people do not receive the witness we give. If I have told you earthly things and yet you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?”—John 3:11, 12; Then Jesus commented: “Today this scripture that you just heard is fulfilled.” To show its fulfillment, he now proceeded to “proclaim the year of Jehovah’s favor,” which Jehovah had anointed him to proclaim. Jesus was thus proving himself Jehovah’s witness. Said the apostle Paul: “Become imitators of me, even as I am of Christ.” (1 Cor. 11:1; 1 Thess. 1:6) The truth becomes plain, therefore, that true Christians, true followers of Christ, must imitate him in being Jehovah’s witnesses. True Christians are Jehovah’s witnesses. When such natural Jews left Judaism with its traditions and became Christians in the days of the apostles, they did not cease to be Jehovah’s witnesses. No; they became the Christian witnesses of Jehovah, like their Leader Jesus Christ the Greater Moses. The natural-born Jews who refused to accept Jesus Christ as the Greater Moses were the ones who ceased to be Jehovah’s witnesses as well as Jehovah’s national “servant” class. Thus the Holy Bible of which Jehovah God is the one Author was completed by means of his witnesses, even as it had been begun by means of them. Consequently, with no room allowed for Scriptural contradiction, it may be said that The Holy Bible is the Book by Jehovah’s witnesses. As Revelation 19:6 exclaims, “Hallelujah!”

• trevor
    trevor

In the book entitled “The New World.” Abel, Noah and Moses are named in person and claimed as Jehovah's Witnesses, also Job:

“It is the proper time, therefore, to consider carefully the life history of Job, who was a Witness for Jehovah God. His true life experience was a prophetic drama which exposes the war hotly waged by religion against Jehovah's Witnesses from and after Abel, the first martyr slain by a religionist.” (Page 130)(1942)

Job, who was now a Jehovah's Witness, was still late returning, but not forgotten:

“The scriptural and physical facts prove that Job is due to be resurrected shortly with those faithful men to appear on earth with them…those faithful men of old may be expected back any day now. The scriptures give us good reason to believe that it shall be shortly before Armageddon breaks.” (Pages 104 & 130

)

In the book entitled “Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose” further fascinating claims are made. The first chapter – “A People with a most Ancient History”- states:

“Jesus himself was a member of this ancient Jewish nation and he was one of Jehovah's Witnesses.”… “No greater Witness than Jesus ever lived on earth, and one of his apostles specifically called Jesus a Witness.”… “Do you mean to say, then, that Jesus’ disciples were Witnesses too? Certainly. Christians are urged to emulate all those ancient Witnesses that preceded them back to Able.” (1959)

• vitty
  • Hellrider
    Hellrider
    “It is the proper time, therefore, to consider carefully the life history of Job, who was a Witness for Jehovah God. His true life experience was a prophetic drama which exposes the war hotly waged by religion against Jehovah's Witnesses from and after Abel, the first martyr slain by a religionist.

How do they come up with all this BS, I wonder. I`m also curious as to which "holy war waged by religions against Jehovahs Witnesses" they are referring to. When did the JWs ever suffer? (except from Malawi, but that was the WTbts fault). It was 5.8 million jews that were killed in the holocaust, not Jehovahs Witnesses. And it was tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands, of early christians that died as martyrs in Rome, in the arenas and elsewhere, not Jehovahs witnesses. This selfproclaimed, selfrighteous, selfpitying martyrdom/victim status they`ve come up with, makes me wanna puke.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Actually, I heard evidence has been unearthed of cro-magnon cave-to-cave ministry dating back to 32,000 BC.

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

The Muslims say the same thing... the word "muslim" can be translated as "one who submits himself to God"... since Abel, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Mohummed were all submissive to God they can properly be described as muslims...

This works to a certain extent, but you have to make a distinction between "muslim" with a lowercase letter and "Musilm" with an uppercase one. The latter is an organised religion, and Abraham, Moses and Jesus certainly would never have identified themselves as such.

In the same way, Abel, Abraham, Moses and Jesus were witnesses of God, or witnesses of "Jehovah" if you like, but they most certainly never identified themselves as "one of Jehovah's Witnesses" as the Watchtower Society would like us to believe.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Uh Huh. And their's is the true god of prophecy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit