Lost in Suicide

by Stacey 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Stacey
    Stacey

I am very sad this morning.

I just found out this morning that a man that I grew up with and have known since I was a very young girl commited suicide earlier this week. I had not seen him in 11 years, since I left the Kingdom Hall for the last time. He was about 5 years older than me. I knew his family well. We used to have the bookstudy at his mom's house. He had a twin brother. And I always wondered if he was gay. It turns out that he was, and he was disfellowshipped for this reason. I found out that his mother had recently kicked him out of the house for doing drugs. It seems that he didnt have anywhere to go. He overdosed on the side of his mom's house.

This is a very sad day for me. As I said I have not seen him in many years. And I did not know him as an adult. My heart breaks today for him and many others who have lost hope in this life. I dont know what his story was, or the thoughts that were in his head. Maybe he felt like I once did, that he had turned his back on Jehovah and what was life worth living for. I think most of us that have left have had that hopeless feeling before realizing that it really was not the "truth" like we thought it was. Who knows what his struggles were. I just have much sadness today for him and the fact that things were so bad that he chose to end his life.

My thoughts to KP and all of the others that have lost hope....

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Stacy, suicide among JW is very very common. Another sad fact. Being a JW kills, wether it be in suicide, or in the blood issue or in lives being destroyed and family ties being severed. Sadly, your friend will join countless other JW who have chosen death rather than being a JW and never being good enough. Think about it, they figure that god will understand and they will wake up in paradise. So why continue suffering in this life? Like I told you in a previous thread, just 'allowing' them to ccontinue to beleive what they want is wrong. Your friend is one of many reasons why. Their beleifs kill. We can help stop this. Dont just stand by and watch.

Again, many condolences for your friend.

-Dan

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.
    I had a close cousin, same age as myself, that committed suicide just a few days after his dad died.

It's such a horrible loss because it didn't have to happen and just think how his family will be feeling. His mother, even if she doesn't say a word to anyone, will always feel guilty of assisting him in this and that's a horrible burden to carry.

Another reason disfellowshipping is so evil.

"When caught between two evils I generally pick the one I've never tried before." Mae West

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

{{{{{Stacy}}}}}

I lost a friend this same way for the same reasons. My thoughts are with you.

Chris

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Very sorry about your friend. May he rest peacefully from the misery, treachery and hypocrisy of this world!

• waiting
    waiting

Hello Stacey,

As with the others - I've lost a close friend to suicide also, very devout jw. He was always gifted and strange, very musical and handsome. He came into the org. at 18, suicide at 27.

Jeff Mills, Indianapolis, Indiana.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((Stacey)))

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I know the hole that suicide can create in one's heart. You always think, "If only...". You and your friend's loved ones are in my prayers.

God bless,

Billygoat

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Hi Stacey,

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how deeply you can be affected by the suicide of someone who, while not an 'everyday' figure in your life, had great impact on you. I wrote something recently about a pioneer I knew who committed suicide, its at this link.

http://www.wtsurvivors.homestead.com/Hero.html

Also here's a touching post Doug Shields wrote about a friend who had committed suicide:

http://www.wtsurvivors.homestead.com/DSTribute.html

My thoughts are with you, and your friend today.

*hugs*
    essie

• Daisymay
    Daisymay

Stacey - So sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you at this very difficult time.

daisy

Don't forget the good times with your friend, I'm sure he appreciated you and your friendship!

• Prisca
    Prisca

Stacey,

My thoughts and ((((hugs)))) go out to you.

A co-worker's friend committed suicide on Wednesday. He was only 23. So much to live for, and so much to lose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit