MAKING "THE GOOD" THE ENEMY OF THE PERFECT

by Terry 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Love of the impossible...

Millions have dreamt of flying and made nothing of it. From the same dream a few eventually designed the first airplanes. Now that we can fly anywhere we still dream of flying.

Millions have dreamt of social justice and from this dream better societies have been built up. Yet we still dream of social justice.

Utopy nurtures and exceeds technique and/or politics.

If dreams were fulfilled, or banned, I would still be dreaming.

Realising that the impossible is impossible leads modern man to a tragic choice between (1) hating the impossible with the passion of frustrated love or (2) loving the impossible as impossible.

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

well done,

very useful post,

• Terry
    Terry
    Realising that the impossible is impossible leads modern man to a tragic choice between (1) hating the impossible with the passion of frustrated love or (2) loving the impossible as impossible.

Or, falling into the trap of defining life in terms of false dichotomies :)

Only possible things happen. Recognizing this is sanity.

"What if" is the seed of "what is". But, testing proves it so or not.

The true standard of reality is not the ideal; but, rather the ultimate that reality can become by our effort and the wisdom to know the difference.

T.

• Shania
    Shania

Terry, I want the GOOD to be my reality. The PERFECT that the Tower teaches is unattainable as well as not real....................but it is only by baby steps that we accept the GOOD and reject the perfect new world............

When I reflect on the reality of Katrina, and all the destruction, I realize that is the result of our preaching the new order---------first we have destruction of a world wide scale, then we have the balls to think we will sit under a fig tree and feed a lion and say we are so happy to be in the New Order.............WAKE-UP PEOPLE..............see that destruction that is what you would be faced with---------------pain, suffering and sickness-----------God is not going to go poof you are in Paradise (false reality) You will have the task of cleaning up the destruction he will cause..................I'd rather be dead..............then live in their so called paradise............................FIND THE GOOD TODAY, AND LIVE WITH THAT, THIS IS THE REALITY............................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit