What the Bleep Do We Know!? -anyone seen this movie?

by ithinkisee 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I thought it was fairly o.k. - maybe it was too built up for me by others.

your thoughts?

-ithinkisee

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I liked the film in that it showed how we can make ourselves happy or miserable depending on our mental filters, but ... and it's a big but.....in no way is all reality controlled by our perceptions only.

Also, the film was put together by members of the Ramtha Cult, a group that follows a woman that channels an ancient warrior from Atlantis.

More about it here:

http://www.salon.com/ent/feature/2004/09/16/bleep/index_np.html

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

ya, i tend to bristle at people trying to pass pseudo-science off as real science. not to say that there is no real strange phenomena in physics, but the film was sponsored by people who would prefer to make life even more mysterious than it needs to be. that's the way cults and religions work. they feed off mystery.

i am all for inspiring people to a sense of awe at the cosmos, and the different things we learn via physics. it's just that i was hungry for facts in the film, and too much of it left me unsatisfied.

TS

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Also, the film was put together by members of the Ramtha Cult, a group that follows a woman that channels an ancient warrior from Atlantis.

I thought it was pretty good until I learned this at the end, during the credits. For me, that took away most of its credibility.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I prefer Walter's philosophy: "Aw, [edit] it dude, let's go bowling."

• Undecided
    Undecided
    "Aw, [edit] it dude, let's go bowling."

That's what I'm thinking, but my doctor won't let me for another 4 weeks.

Ken P

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Ken, I may never be able to grip a bowling ball again. But more than the act of throwing a 16 lb. ball to knock down pins is the friendship, good times, and closeness we share. I consider myself friends with a lot of JWDers and past yahooers and H2Oers, you you're definitely one of them, and one I pull for.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I thought it was the biggest load of BS that I had seen in a very long time.

According to their theory a person can do anything they *believe* they can do. As an example, the only reason we can't walk through a wall is because we *believe* we can't. I'd like to see them blindfold someone and have that person walk into a wall that he is not aware of. I'd bet good money that it will result in a headache.

Also, according to this theory, people should be able to fly if the *believe* they can. If this were true then people who walked off a high place without knowing about it would hover in the air like the coyote in Road Runner... of course as soon as that coyote (and person) looked down he would realize that he was in midair... then they would fall. I've never heard of anything like that happening.

That movie was a total waist of money to rent.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Yeah I was dissapointed...

Just a mish mash of Hinduism new age and pseudo science. I didn't realise that a cult produced it. That explains that born again look in the eyes of the interviewed...

Just fluff

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I prefer Walter's philosophy: "Aw, [edit] it dude, let's go bowling."

*giggle*

Love that movie!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit