Blondie's: Comments You Will Not Hear at the 8-28-05 WT Study

by ezekiel3 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• carla
    carla

Wasn't there also a misquote of an author in this issue? Did I see this on this board? direct me please? thanks, carla

• carla
    carla

bttt

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Material things are bad. They get in the way ...

So give them all to the WTBTS of NY Inc.

-ithinkisee

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi, carla. The misquote was from a couple of articles back, here http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/95923/1.ashx . Doesn't time fly when we're having fun? 8-7-05 WT Study (July 1, 2005 issue)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Stanley Theatre renovation, now a Kingdom Hall.

• heathen
    heathen

Yah that is a bit eccentric I think to buy a theater like that and spend 4 million renovating it . These people are quite the spend thrifts when it comes to owning property then they harass members for more and more money ? where is the love man .........? Here lately we've only been seeing the reprimands for slackers in the WTBTS articles, How come there is no mention of gratitude and respect for anybody ? it just seems like it's all about the money to me . They build fancy structures to try to impress people into joining the cult just like they accuse the churches of christiandom , meanwhile publishers get nothing for spending all their time preaching and converting . That is the only real work that jesus stressed importance on anyway . So I'm getting the feeling they are even picking on the ministerial servants for not working secular jobs ...... JEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSS H CHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAARIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTT The nerve of these people ........

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

UGH this was a bad "lesson" and I had to attend; family in from out of town.

My gripes:

Daniel and the three hebrews. The WT has just ruined the discussion of this book. There is much nuance to the events here, whether you believe them or not. There is NO PROOF that there was forbidden food here; Daniel even agreed that if they did not approve of the health of the young men after ten days, they would eat the delicacies. Instead, the WT makes it black and white, as usual, and so the reason for this small rebellion is LOST.

BTW, where was Daniel when the image was worshipped??? On vacation?

So here is the upshot: the three Hebrews took an opportunity to set themselves apart by insisting on their own diet, then later made a life or death decision. This is in an article about the small things.

OUR lessons about small things? Grooming, dress and how much money to give. How did this get into the article, anyway? It seems to be one of the few times the WT includes the context, but why? MONEY. Jesus included it in his barb to the apostles about the use of money, and they imply that we need to use the money to contribute! IDIOTS! It is an illustration! Jesus is making a point about developing the ability to make good decisions, and that if the use of money was too tough, they had a lot to learn. Instead, the same broad brush is used, THE NUANCE IS LOST.

So instead of tying the idea of developing the ability to make decisions, even ones that put us in harm's way like the three Hebrews, the society throws in all these conflicting and petty things that really are quite important to them: grooming, dress, and turning in our time. SHEESH.

AND finally: a shadow is VERY PREDICTABLE. It is not flighty. It follows whatever is casting the shadow. This is just another CRAPPY ANALOGY that is off the mark. Why not make some good use of the predictable nature of shadow??

• blondie
    blondie

Good comments, everyone. Pistoff, thanks for bringing out the point about the food and the 4 Israelites.

Blondie (still on the road)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit