by sleepy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

WAIT! BEFORE YOU WRITE TO THE SOCIETY:

• ballistic
    ballistic

OOOPS!

WAIT ! BEFORE YOU WRITE TO THE SOCIETY!

Dont forget that they quote scripture stating that they will receive pressure from apostates and persecution because they are the true religion.

I want desperately to write to the society with a million and one things that are on my mind, but it occurred to me, that every letter they receive, to them , is "proof" that they are God's choosen people.

Of course, this is mis-guided and twisted thinking, and the whole set up is dangerous, but you surely have to weigh up what the contents of your letter can do, compared to the consequence of them simply receiving it.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello,

Further to the points made by Maximus, AlanF, Simon and others, be assured that nothing that you can write will be news to those who open your mail. The multitudinous reams of correspondence that uncover every single variance of flawed WTS doctrine, in all its nuances, have been filling in-trays for many decades. They have heard it all before. Occasionally but very, very rarely, are individual letters or documented research acted upon to such an extent that articles appear in the magazines attending to the issues raised. It is often wishful thinking that encourages us to believe that our letters have made a difference to WTS policy.

I know that both Max and Alan probably have well exercised their keyboards over the years attempting to pass on to us all the immovable reality that a person will never truly understand the thinking and modus operandi of the GB and the soil from which they grow, unless they are able to understand that to these people there is no difference whatsoever in concept between the words ‘Organisation’ or‘Society’ and the word ‘God’. These men are totally convinced that God works through them and through the Organisation - touch the Organisation you touch God. That is why they use and will use every means, and I mean EVERY means, to protect it.

If a combative spirit is noted is the tone of any letter, it will automatically be placed in the ‘enemies of God’ tray. As a friend in Writing once informed me, ‘the Society only take real note of letters that start with the Abrahamic sentiment "excuse me please, Jehovah…". Friday or Yadirf or whatever his name is, ably demonstrated this acceptable opening paragraph tone, in a letter that he copied to this Board that he had sent to the WTS regarding the star of Bethlehem.

A number of years ago during the heady days of paranoid apostate hunting in a European country, a DO encouraged the audience at an Assembly to write to the WTS if they had any doctrinal concerns ‘as it is through such letters that the WTS listens’. He told me later that this was merely an instructed ploy to expose the ‘last few’ dissidents. This type of thinking should drive home to us once for all time the blood of cunning that is running through the veins of this system.

If you are still currently a JW and wish to write to the WTS with your concerns, my advise is to be careful, very careful. If you are not a JW, well, your letters may help with closure where some of your pain and frustration is concerned but please do not think that they will make any difference at all to WTS policy. Maximus will I am sure re-iterate the point that WTS policy is only changed when the metaphoric gun is placed firmly to the temple.

My best to you all -- HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit