Do you think that you're presently living the best moments of your life?

by JH 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dang, I hope this isn't as good as it gets.

I'm in a bad place right now, probably as low as I'll ever get. But the good thing is (and there is a tiny core of optimism within me,) it can really only get better from here on out. And, keeping it all in perspective, I could have all the problems I now have, and have been born in some third-world country where I'd also be facing starvation. So, that should cheer me up a bit, too.

My point, I guess, is: life sucks at this moment, but it'll be ok, in time.

• anewme
    anewme

Its all perspective really. I have known excruciatingly painful tearful agonizing tormenting dreadful moments I never want to relive. My life is so serene and calm right now. And I value these moments so much! But I believe the best is yet to come!!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

where's James Thomas lately? i really miss that guy...

his answer to this question would be good enough for me.

TS

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

My best years were my freshman and first part of my sophomore year in high school. I say that because a lot of hot chicks were into me then, it was a cool period in that respect, something I've never been able to recapture....lol

If I ever get back whatever it was that I had back then, then yeah, I'll be diggin' life again :)

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Generally, yes.

Until tomorrow, that is. I'm on a steadily steepening "happiness curve".

gently feral

• talesin
    talesin

Life is all about the ebb and flow. Even in the hardest times, I have found great joy in the love shown me by friends, and quite often, strangers. The best moments of our lives are every moment.

Every sadness, every joy, is a part of our journey. When we feel anguish and pain, it heightens the sensitivities, and we are even more aware of the 'little things' that give us joy. They may be bitter-sweet, but the sweet is what matters.

tal

of the *missing James Thomas, too* class

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I think I am living better now than I ever did while I was a dub, but I am hoping fobetter still in the future

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Yup, life is pretty damn fine at this minute. About to have dinner with friends (mexican) and hopefully have my playmate stay the night....

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Yes, for me this is the best its ever been. Im free, im happy, I have a career at last, I have a family, I have more personal confidence than I have ever had before. Now, all I want is that body I used to have when I was 16.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Things are great for us right now - especially knowing my wife is decompressing from the JWs faster than I thought she would.

But I am looking forward to the time after the major deprogramming is over. In the meantime I am enjoying the journey and taking copious notes so I can possibly help others down the road.

I look forward to my kids growing up with a healthy outlook on life. Learning how to use their mind.

I even look forward to when they grow up and me an my wife can do some world travelling - since as a JW I had to get married young to appease the hormone gods and have been in debt and in the hole ever since.

-ithinkisee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit