WBTS Discontinues Publishing Deluxe (Gold Leaf) NWT Bible!?!?

by AMNESIAN 19 Replies latest jw friends

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

Would some hearty and reliable soul who still attends meetings of JWs confirm and elaborate on the letter being read to congregations in the US this week regarding the discontinuing of the publishing and distribution of the "deluxe" NWT bible in favor of a "soft cover" version of the same (whatever exactly that means) instead???

(G_d, have things really come to this???)

AMNESIAN

• Odrade
    Odrade

HAHAHA!!! OMG. that is so funny. EVERY good little J-dub wants that bible. What are they going to use the cheesy paper picture covers? Man, those books are already crappy quality with too-thin paper and inadequate binding as it is..., now they are doing the same to their Bible? That's appropriate I guess.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Ezekial3 told us about that outstanding decision earlier in the day.

You see it works like this. Produce a paperback version of the bible and it will wear out quicker. Thus ensuring people will buy new bibles more frequently. Oh that greedy WTBTS they are just drooling over the thought of making more money!!

• horrible life
  • Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Hey perhaps our old used copies will be highly sort after and we could cash in on the demand.

I'll give u a $1.50 for your copy (in mint condition of course)!!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I wish they would bring back the green one with the dinosaur on the inside cover. Years of happy childhood memories trying to work out why that fella was there.

• JW83
    JW83

I used to have a maroon-coloured soft-cover deluxe edition which I had forgotten about until just now. Where did it go? I had it for years!!!

Actually, may have ended up in garbage bin in the big cleanout.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

extra 50c for a maroon one!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

You planning on going out on field service and selling a few, pubsinger?

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

They probably sat and did a cost-analysis on those bibles.

"If we lose the leather and the tin of gold paint, we will save 'X' Million dollars, whcih i think we should distribute amongst ourselves!"

It also means Brother Goldpaintbrush and Brother Cowfarmer will have to die leave Bethel service.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit