taking suggestions for dorm decor

by tsunami_rid3r 18 Replies latest jw friends

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

posters? street signs? lights? shrines? etc?

• Valis
    Valis

have a corner for a Spam Shrine.

Ingredients:

1 Can of Spam

Anything Cheesy You Run Accross...

1 Jebus or Virgin Candle or more....

Beads

Animal Skeletons

Adoration of Spam will get you places...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer "Spam Priesthood' class

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

i'm doing that in the restroom, maybe. my roomy and i share the restroom with 2 other dudes. but thats brilliant, keep em coming.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hi Tsunami

From a girls perspective sometimes if posters aren't cared for properly they can get all ripped and curled at the edges. This can look a little tacky. Signs can be cool.

Hey and whats your roomy like? Nice guy?

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Dorm decor? You'll Point the puke towards tile. You'll survive the rest of orientation.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

he's cool, but he's got a girlfriend. i don't think i'll start a relationship first semester. speaking of that, i kinda fell for a girl from fish camp, but i'm over it after partying all night last night with some other girls from fish camp. great stuff.

most importantly, i've made so many friends. i love college, it's like a new life with no past. its great not having to attend meetings, having no rules, but i need limits.

really though, did i get this far because i was raised a witness? just think what my life would be like right now if i lived the lifestyle i choose to live now?

fish camp was cool because it gave a chance to meet our class mates before we even moved into campus. so i already had friends. its cool that i can workout now, and i got a bike. its so awesome. and i'll definitely do street signs and other kinds of signs. cool ones.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Reflecting back on my son's version of cool, you are going to have to paint a wall black. Another wall can be cork. I always wanted a cork wall.

Unmade beds are a definite turn-off for chicks. Invest in a decent one-piece duvet. A single shake in the morning will straighten the bed out. Have a spare set of fitted bottom sheets. To stay fresh, if you know what I mean.

http://www.digsmagazine.com/lounge/lounge_makeduvetcover.htm

If you must store your dirty socks under the bed, invest in some under-bed storage containers. You don't have to be Mister Clean, but at least hide the mess away where the chicks won't see it.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

i am so organized. just the walls look empty.

• avishai
    avishai
    street signs?

Not real ones, because they're illegal to own and automatically give admin. or the cops probable cause to enter your room. I have more than one friend who found that out the hard way.

• La Capra
    La Capra

Out here in California, there are street fairs and crafts shows. At almost all of them, someone is selling big rectangles of Batik fabric, with finished edges. They can be used as bedspreads, picnic blankets, and the girls wear them as sarongs. Some of them have really cool designs and look great hanging on a wall. They don't rip up like posters, they have the whole bohemian thing going on, and they're bigger than posters, so you they fill in a lot of wall space.

And in a pinch, you could be wearing the most-cool toga in seconds.

Try not to go too crazy Tsu, you are there to get an education and a career. There is partying after college, too, ya know.

Shoshana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit