If there was ONE thing you could ...

by talesin 15 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

... change about yourself, what would it be?

I'm thinking along the lines of how you perceive/deal with other people, your attitudes, prejudices, learned behaviours, etc. ...

I'll get us started ...

Growing up JW, I was taught to expect perfection. It's been an uphill battle a lot of the time, learning that it's okay to be HUMAN. Sometimes, I still bash myself for being imperfect, and I can see how this extends to my opinion of others when I have expectations of friends. People are just people, and I am learning to truly accept them as they are, and not for how I would 'like them to be'. It would be great if I could extend this courtesy to myself on a more regular basis.

t

• damselfly
    damselfly

This is a great topic Tal!

I would like to get over my fear of rejection. I imagine the feeling of knowing you are good enough, worthy enough, accepted and wanted, to be a lovely feeling. I hope to experience it.

How is Blue, by the way? She must be a lot bigger by now.

Dams

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

i wish i was less lazy. i am smart and very social... i also have a high IQ (as if that actually means anything)... but i am so lazy and lathargic that i just do nothing with my skills. i think the fear of success doesn't help either

bethel

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Be happy.

• damselfly
    damselfly
    Be happy.

Just having a little fun here. How on earth do you sleep at night knowing there is a demon dog( + ) next to you waiting to steal your soul? I wouldn't be happy either. I'd be whimpering under the covers.

Dams

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

My ingrained deep rooted search for truth and meaning..

I reckon ignorance is bliss.

People who aren't searching appear so content.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I wish I were rich instead of just so damned good looking. Ha ha. Just kidding. If I could change improve one thing, it would probably be to improve my perception of others' thoughts when I'm talking with them. :-)

• Valis
    Valis

If I would not procrastinate as much...but then again I'll get around to it...

• thom
    thom

I'd have less fear of getting to know people. I keep to myself and am horrified at the idea that someone might ask me over or want to spend time with me.
    Just tonight I was at my daughter's school for "curriculum night" and her best friends parents spent alot of time talking to me and following me around. I had a big fear that they might say that I should come by for dinner some time. That kind of thing makes me very uncomfortable. I wish I could change it.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

it would be the paleolithic wiring of my brain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit