Resurrected state?

by MidwichCuckoo 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sheri
    Sheri

Will there be three public bathrooms, Men, Women, Others ? I know of a person that asked an elder about this scripture appearing to mean resurrected are in heaven and was told No that they will be neither sex, which she then brought up issue of public bathrooms. He brushed her off for questioning it. Then elders wife cautioned her in questioning scriptures when she couldnt except his explanation and asked for more information.

After reading an article on Where Great Crowd is on another site and comparing the Greek Interlinear with the Greek words and what Franz printed as the translation, plus the 1960 and 1980 Watchtower Articles I am not feeling the Great Crowd is in heaven. Again amazing how twisted the translations and articles are but again I was not a witness in 1960 so I took the 1980 Article Hook, line and sinker.

Peace

Sheri

• bebu
    bebu

Not from a JW (heaven/paradise) point of view... which I still don't get very well... but--

I think that there will be a kind of unity among those who are together that supercedes the depth and unity that sex gives. Marriage means excluding others, so that intimacy can be pursued with a particular one. I don't think that sex will mean an endless orgy like some religions imply, but an experience that surpasses sex and gives an even deeper sense of unity, significance, uniqueness, completion...

Man and women were called "one flesh" when they are married. Jesus said that he and the Father were "one". Jesus also prayed for his followers to be "one" with him just as he is "one" with the father. And Hebrews quotes that no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has in store...

Personally, whenever I have experienced God's presence it has been like every good, deep quality of sex amplified: deeply satisfying and lacking nothing. Sex is a good and satisfying thing, but is like a drop of water to that ocean. Heaven, if defined as being "one" with God and Christ, will surpass sex just like Hawaii surpasses a sandbox in a playground.

bebu

and $.02

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit