Where Would You Live?

by Stephanus 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Thought sparked by another thread where I said I'd move to the US if I won the lottery: If you could move wherever you liked in the world (in this fantasy, all your material, intellectual, emotional and spiritual needs are taken care of so that you can make this move), where would it be, and what would be the basis for your decision?

Q: How do you know a Dub loyal to "Jehovah's Organisation" is lying?
    A: Their lips are moving.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

New Zealand...I heard it is beautiful and laid back there.

"By doubting we come at truth" -Cicero

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

I'd stay right here in my beautiful home province of Nova Scotia...I'd buy a big house by the ocean, of course. And, I'd probably purchase a villa in Spain where I'd spend most of the winters. But I wouldn't want to be an American (no offense to the U.S.). I love my Canadian identity!

• freakshow
    freakshow

I would move to Memphis TN. And life at Graceland. I would only make sure and remove the plastic from the furniture though. Since the house would be mine I would be able to finally go upstairs (since they don't let you go up there on the tour) and I would find Elvis living up there and we would be best friends and start a band together. Then we'd eat Peanut butter and bananna sandwhiches for breakfast.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    But I wouldn't want to be an American (no offense to the U.S.). I love my Canadian identity!

Of course you wouldn't! That'd be like Hippikon wanting to move from NZ to Australia. Hey, wait a second!

• Francois
    Francois

Someplace where it is snowy, foggy, and rainy a lot. I like the snow and fog and rain and stuff. I write better when it's nasty out and I'm safe and snug and stuff inside by the fire. With my dog's head on my lap and my woman at my fee...um, with my dog at my feet and my woman by my side.

Francois

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

If all my needs were taken care of then I wouldn't live anywhere!

I'd be a free roving traveller. There's so many great places to see and experience if you have the means, so why limit yourself to just one or two?

Expatbrit

• Princess
    Princess

Francoise, have you ever been to the Pacific NW in the fall/winter? You'd love it.

I personally would take my lottery winnings and tour the world, then pick my favorite spot.

Princess

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Exactly, Princess, that's the way I'd like to approach the thing myself, a good approach indeed. The preference I expressed above is just based on what I know from books, TV and the internet, not on experience.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I would live in a Winnebago and travel through North America. Then I could have my pick of the mountains AND the beaches.

Billygoat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit