Robertson is Unchristian but is he Unpatriotic?

by Oroborus21 7 Replies latest social current

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Robertson's call for assassination of the Venezuelan president shows once again how corrupt Christendom's leaders are.

But what is really interesting is the double standard in place.

If the latest "Abu Wasabi" were to say on a videotape that George Bush should be assassinated, you can bet the Secret Service would go after the person. In the right situation there could even be more severe consequences like soldiers sent to capture the person or even a cruise missile or precision bomb dropped on the location.

So why doesn' t the Venezuelan Government feel justified in doing any of those actions?

What is more, is what Robertson said really any different than what Bush and many others say today about "bad men" and terrorists around the world? Indeed Sadam Hussein was lawfully the president of Iraq but that didn't seem to stop the U.S. from calling for his capture or death.

Before the U.S. State Dept condemns Robertson's comments, and indeed they are indefensible, it needs to take a look at itself in the mirror.

-Eduardo

• skyman
    skyman

If the US did what he asked it would be bad for the world. We know the U.S. helps other groups do that but for the US to do it directly would cause Mass hatred even more the we see now.

• foreword
    foreword

What Robertson said shows the fanatism of the christian community. These people believe they will win back and save the US for God. Actually I just found out from a Christian that voting for Bush was voting for God and voting for Kerry was voting for Satan in the last elections. I asked him if this was his personal view or if his church as a whole saw it that way. He said they all voted for Bush and it was promoted as such in their church....

I actually had to fight with myself as to not say anything further....at first I argued but soon noticed he was almost foaming at the mouth talking about Iraq and Saddam...yup Saddam.......and LOL. He wanted to go to Iraq to fight......

These Christians are scary.

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

How true Eduardo. "Standards of conduct" are certainly changing in the area of organised violence.

W.

• blondie
  • DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Oh you guys, quit your Christian bashing. We have nothing to fear from Christians. Certainly there are no historical precedents to give merit to any paranoid feelings that unbelievers are having towards the apocalyptic fundy Christians that are becoming an ever increasing political force in our country. Sheesh. Oh, well, yeah, there was the middle ages when heretics, Muslims, and Jews were tortured and killed by the thousands, if not millions, but that could never happen in our time, people just aren't the same as they were in the middle ages. How silly that people even get worried about the Pat Robertons, Rod Parsleys and John Hagees of this country. Just blind anti-christian prejudice, that's all it is. Shameful.

• blondie
    blondie

Not bashing Christ, just Pat, unless he says he's Christ.

• acadian
    acadian

He's UNHUMAN !

I couldn't agree with you more Eduardo

It's a sad world we live in...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit