What did the "Godly Obedience" District Conventions really achieve?

by truthseeker 13 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I'm home....

If you didn't make it, read my experiences!!!

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

Well, many of us were pretty sure that the system couldn't go on past the year 2000 until they changed the generation definition in 1995.

That was when I became a real Cognitive Dissident.

I guess they haven't ever really stopped hinting at dates, and then putting the blame on the R&F for "making assumptions" when they don't come to pass.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Thousands of faithfull members slept in hotels/motels they would never consider except for Conventions

Thousands of faithfull members altered their eating habits for 4 days in ways they would never consider except for Conventions

Thousands of faithfull members napped in positions they would never consider except for Conventions

Millions of dollars were liberated for the use of the WTBTS and it's various and sudry corporations.

Did I miss anything?

~Hill

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

My congregation has already had its review of the DC at the Service Meeting.

I was listening very closely to what people would comment about.

Highlights were:

• The pretty pictures in the What Does the Bible Really Teach book
    • The opening talk about how we would all learn obedience (IMO the program afterward launched directly into the recycled content with "obedience" stated every fifth word.)
    • The governing body member who stated during his talk "the most important meeting...is the next one (I've noticed that all JWs have to get excited about is the quips and illustrations - no actual content)

Not mentioned:

• The drama of Timothy's fictionalized college decision
    • The baptism figures (very light and underage at my DC)
    • Any real core information

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit