Nealy arrested apostasising! Flying by the seat of my pants, I was.....

by Gill 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

what is this paul berry thing? the name sounds famliar to me?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    In future, I will go out looking 'nice'.

Noooo Gill, where's the fun in that? I bet those police cars were fitted with surveillance cameras and now every time there's a crime in the area, the police will issue a very odd looking picture - lol. I can just imagine the newsreader trying to keep a straight face while reading the description.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Please explain. Why can't you go door to door, and just talk to people? What is the problem? HL

• Gill
    Gill

MC - I think you've got a pretty accurate picture of what I looked like yesterday morning! Plain daft!

Cordelia - There's a thread on the Paul Berry thing somewhere,but you can find out a lot more on the Silent Lambs web site.

horrible life - I can't (and won't) got door to door talking to people because I'm a fader. Talking (and laughing) about the even with my husband last night, he asked my WHY I had a disguise on. The fact is, I didn't want JWs who may have been passing to recognise me. My parents are still the only relatives who have any contact (other than my sister) and since they're getting on, I think it would be a shame for them to be forced not to speak to us.

Already, my children have one set of grandparents who take the WTBTS decrees on shunning TOO far and even turn their backs on our five kids when they see them.

Think how my tiny little girl feels when we walk past her fathers parents house and her two cousins are there playing happily. When they see us they turn their backs and ignore us or rush into the house. She is not allowed in the house or to see her cousins.

The JWs are clinging to looney cult laws and this makes them sadly totally nuts in my eyes.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Plain daft!

Nooooo....Not daft. You're English and 105 years old - If you can't be eccentric NOW, when can you be?

• Gill
    Gill

MC - I see you know how it feels to be 105!

This morning, the kids keep coming in, while I'm on the net, asking if I'm ready to print off some more envelopes and they'll fill them with the sheets of info! 'Not today, kids!' I'm still recovering from yesterday! And, 'Mum, what are you writing about today?'

At least they're enjoying it! They didn't enjoy going out on Field Service!!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    MC - I see you know how it feels to be 105!

Tell me about it....and you have 6 months on me!! What's the plan for today? Just for the record, I wear sunglasses 95% of the time.

PS - I have IM'd you. I think.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Gill I now understand. I'm so sorry for your family, esp, the kids. I just look at my daughter and think how can any parent turn their head from their children. OMG, it makes me sick. Why can't they see it! I'm tired. I think I had better go to bed. I'm starting to get weepy. Good Night HL

• Gill
    Gill

horrible life - Don't be sad for us. We've got over the being sad part and fear of their cult stupidity.

My in laws are the most awful people you can imagine anyway, hence the taking of shunning to the extreme. However, the JWs allow contact for essential family matters which means my husband is, at present allowed to discuss these matters with them that are being settled at the moment.

Let's just say, we offered a home to his dying grandfather. They did not allow him to come to us for the stated reason that we are 'not spiritual people' and instead Grandpa died a horrible death in an old persons home.

Husband has only just begun wreaking revenge and havoc on their lives. By the time he's finished being awkward, they'll all be on tranquillisers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit