Why the Watchtower Will Never Change on Blood -(or much else)

by metatron 12 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

You're the head of a major religion.

Your religion is deeply embroiled in scandals invoving officers of the church and sex with children.

What will you do?

What religion am I describing? The Watchtower? The Catholic Church? Does it matter?

In either case, the predictable response is the same: Repeat over and over, "So what, we're still the True Church".

And in both cases, given that you're cynical manipulators greedy for power and money, that's exactly what to do.

You emphasize the doctrines and practises of your "true faith", the stuff that separates you ( from every other

"true religion"). You could put the Governing Body - or the Pope - on a parade float molesting kids while being towed

down any Main St - and six months later, it makes no difference. "Yes, but we're still the 'true church/religion".

Note how the mass emergence of scandal stops all effort at reform! Now that your greedy organization is threatened

with public exposure , you need those 'unreformed' traditions more than ever! You need them to ensnare duped

people into fixating on them and keeping your religion going! Do those crackers the priest gave you really turn into Jesus- bits

in your tummy? Did God really create blood just for use in sacrifices? It doesn't matter.

This is why they will not reform on holidays

This is why they not reform on birthdays

This is why they will not reform on charity.

Need I go on? Do you see the point?

And now, a special note: an additional reason why they will never reform their illogical, death-dealing doctrine about blood

transfusion - because killing more duped Witnesses is the safest thing they can do.

You see, as long as they hide behind the First Amendment and the general rights afforded to a religion internationally,

they're perfectly safe. If they changed, lots of bad things would happen. Authority would be lost. Lawsuits might even

spring up. Cash flow would be impeded. They actually need a dead Witness now and then to emphasize the thing

and keep it going, so it's still a "religion" issue that can't be touched ( well, except for brave Moscow prosecutors!)

If any of you doubt what I'm saying, I strongly suggest you carefully read the "Knowledge" book, the "Worship" book.

and the new "Really" book and take careful note of what has changed. Any trend towards reasonable change is now

done with, over, finished -and also take a look at their new found horror at "allowing" Witness kids to go to college.

The Counter Reformation has begun ( and the "reformation" never really happened!)

Since both the Vatican and the Watchtower are faced with the same problem ( a large group of increasingly apathetic

parishioners), look for more parallels in the way they react so as to hold on to power.

metatron

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I have to agree with you. I think they've come as far as they can on the blood issue. If they where to come out and say that blood is ok, they'd lose 75% of their membership.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Hi Met,

It's so sad, but you are so right.

wanna

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Yup! whole lotta cognitive dissonance going on.....

• proplog2
    proplog2

Metatron:

You failed to put "brave" in quotes when referring to Moscow prosecutors. I hope you really don't believe that their actions are brave in any sense.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Any trend towards reasonable change is now done with, over, finished - and also take a look at their new found horror at "allowing" Witness kids to go to college. The Counter Reformation has begun (and the "reformation" never really happened!)

It does seem that way.

I think their "reform" on blood has already occurred, they're just allowing the passage of time to sort things out. Dubs can all but take blood now, if they are sophisticated enough to keep up with the changing light. Otherwise, they can simply be "coached" on what mother wants by the nice man or woman in charge of the bloodless surgery program at a nearby hospital, a person who is almost always a JW elder. They've apparently decided that eliminating blood as an issue for 95% of all medical cases involving adults is a fair trade off for the occasional minor child they're willing to sacrfice.

The college flip flop is further proof that the hardliners are (back) in charge.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Good post Met, I have to agree with you. Sadly, I see very little chance of further changes in wt doctrine anytime soon. As long as the gb can maintain control over the lives of their flock, why would a few members sacrificing their lives by refusing blood bother them, as long as they don't have to sacrifice their comfortable lifestyle?

• sf
    sf

Nor will they do anything about the deer tick infestation that carries the devastating, and sometimes deadly, Lyme disease, in which Tom Talley has now been diagnosed with while working slaving there at Watchtower Farm between '73 and '77.

A good Witness is a Dead Witness.

sKally

• proplog2
    proplog2

Metatron:

So you don't want to respond to my post? Or did you just overlook it. Do you you really believe there is something noble about the way Russia is treating JW's?

Miners used to take a canary down the shaft. If the canary dies they realize they have just a short time before deadly gas kill them too.

When Hitler picked on JW's people ignored it. Putin's Russia is going to eventually kick us all in the ass.

Metatron, your behavior reminds me of the Watchtower. One-way communication.

• Pole
    Pole

Just to avoid confusion: "abstaining from blood" is a WTS policy. Child abuse is not a Catholic policy (the cover-up is another thing though).
    Pole

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit