So, how long can you getaway with long hair?

by crankytoe 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

Hmm?

Can you get DF'd for it?

Can you just attend meetings with long hair?

Thanks again,

crank,

• skyman
    skyman

You can get away with it but do not exspect to be used. The brothers in charge will try everything they can short of tieing you down and cutting it themselves if you continue to go to meetings but if you continue for awhile they will mold you into someone you are not. Please continue to read here and ask yourself serious questions like why did we join the UN as NGO's is blood really scriptually wrong look at this thread of mine about blood is it really correct according to the bible you will be very suprised to find out the truth from the bible. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/92976/1.ash

• Ticker
    Ticker

I'll tell you the honest truth, I had my hair half way down my back and earrings and Im a male. Even the CO saw this but I was never really counselled about it or DF'd. They just chose to say nothing, but then i was also inactive for a number of years and I didn't have any regular association with any witnesses nor did I seek any of their association. Im not sure if you were active what they would do, but they would probably find something to judge you about it, pherhaps the scripture which says "long hair on men is a disgrace to god." I never believed this myself as I guess im too independant spirited, and for all I know that could have been the apostles personal opinion. If God hated long hair on men why did he permit it in Israelite times? I still have longer hair not as long as I did since I recently cut it but still way longer then the Jw off the collar style, and they don't say a damn thing. If they did I would give them a piece of my mind.

Ticker

• Ticker
    Ticker

If your someone interested in the Witnesses I suggest you do your research on them here first before you take any plunges into their religion. And yes as Skyman stated if you currently have long hair and want to become an active witness, don't expect to keep that long hair for very long. They will tolerate it for awhile but pretty soon they will start to make subtle hints about it and how you should cut it. They will say how it is a bad example and could stumble others. Basically they will squeeze you into a typical JW mold and you will be fashioned after them, another drone. Independance and personal choice are not tolerated within the JW community. Please do your homework on them before getting to heavily involved, dont make the same mistake many of us did.

Ticker

• Pole
    Pole

I'm growing long hair. But then I am not a dub anymore. ;-)
    Pole

• lawrence
    lawrence

Knowing how discrete these moron elders are, they will use the "Special Talk" to target you, and then do the next one on the division of sheep and goats. Only to make you feel loved. Once again, don't feel singled out. Why waste your time sitting there, watch the grass grow, paint by numbers, make Syd Barrett sounds, play cricket - anything!

• damselfly
    damselfly

When I was a JW I knew several guys with long hair down to the tops of their shoulders. They got away with it by keeping it slicked back at the meetings,so it wasn't as noticeable. They (elders) tended to freak out about the sideburns thou. As far as the earrings go, just take them out for the meetings and put them back in at home.

Dams

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

You would probably be "marked". See below for offical procedure:

Organized to Do Jehovah's Will pg 150-151

MARKING DISORDERLY ONES

In his second letter to the Thessalonians, Paul warned of certain ones who were walking disorderly and who if accorded good standing in the congregation could exert an unhealthy influence. Paul admonished the Thessalonian Christians "to withdraw from every brother walking disorderly and not according to the tradition you received from us." He further clarified that statement by writing: "If anyone is not obedient to our word through this letter, keep this one marked, stop associating with him, that he may become ashamed. And yet do not be considering him as an enemy, but continue admonishing him as a brother."—2 Thess. 3:6, 14, 15.

Occasionally, someone not known to be guilty of practicing a grave sin for which he could be expelled nevertheless displays flagrant disregard for theocratic order. This could include such things as being grossly lazy or critical, being a profitless talker who is a constant 'meddler with what does not concern him.' (2 Thess. 3:11) Or this could include one who is scheming to take material advantage of others or indulging in entertainment that is clearly improper. The disorderly conduct is not so minor that it can be handled by applying Bible counsel and manifesting love; rather, it is serious enough to reflect badly on the congregation and potentially to spread to other Christians.

After giving repeated admonition to such an individual and finding that he persists in disregarding well-established Bible principles, the elders may decide that a talk should be given to the congregation providing appropriate counsel concerning such disorderly conduct. Elders will use reasonableness and discernment in determining whether a particular situation is sufficiently serious and disturbing to require a warning talk. This talk will not name the disorderly one. However, those who are aware of the situation described in the talk will take heed and limit their social contacts with such individuals.
    The loving concern and firm stand of faithful members of the congregation could indeed move the disorderly one to shame and repentance. When it is clearly evident that the individual has abandoned his disorderly course, it would no longer be necessary to treat him as a marked individual.
  • crankytoe
    crankytoe

Wow, thanks for the replies

Very interesting,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit