Could you imagine Jesus dressed in a suit like a JW going door to door?

by JH 10 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

That's not the mental image I have of Jesus. I don't think that Jesus pested people, and I don't think he had to be dressed better or differently from those he preached to.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

That's a good question.

Imagine if he had been born into our time. There is no way he would have had anything but the harshest of words for the legalistic religions like JWs.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    I don't think he had to be dressed better or differently from those he preached to.

That's because he wasn't a salesman.

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, and he prolly had a beard ,,, and long hair!

The thing that I think about is that JC was the ultimate nonconformist ... he would definitely not fit in as a JW.

t

• kid-A
    kid-A

Jesus wasnt working for a multi-billion dollar publishing corporation.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

You never read anything in the Bible about Jesus handing out scrolls to people. Hee-hee!

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

I think if Jesus was alive and walking the earth today, very few would believe him to be who he said he was--just like when he reportedly walked the earth the first time around. His followers were few comparatively, and it wasn't until long after his death that his dinvinity was declared and espoused.

I think that if he were on earth recently, it would be quite likely that he would have burned to death in his Waco, TX compound--or been found dead amongst his followers dressed in robes and nike shoes leaving only a video taped explanation of how he was now on a spaceship behind a comet. Most of the world would think he was just another crackpot--and the 'truth' of his identity wouldn't be common knowledge and belief for, let's say, two thousand years.

• Mary
    Mary

If Jesus were alive today, he would've turned to the Governing Body and called them offsprings of vipers just like he did to the Pharisees 2,000 years ago. He also would have given them crap for 'binding heavy loads' upon the shoulders of the R&F Witness and tell them that they're from their father the devil.

Then he would have been invited into the second school for a little chat with a Judicial Committee (a JC for JC) where they'd promptly disfellowship him for apostacy. With any luck, Jesus would then smite them and cast them into the Lake of Fire, along with their Elder's Manual.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

• Pole
    Pole

Yes, Mary. A modern day witness Jesus would be instantly df'ed for questioning the authority of the FDS.
    Pole

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Yes Mary, I was with you until...

With any luck, Jesus would then smite them and cast them into the Lake of Fire,
    But that bit wasn't really his style.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit