THE LOST ARK--History Channel--tomorrow night (8-20-05)

by sf 9 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

For those interested, be sure to tune in.

sKally

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I'd rather watch the WNBA.

• sf
    sf

Stay out of my face on this forum cyg. I was instructed to stay out of yours. You are clearly trying to antagonize here.

There was no need to inject that.

Mods, please take note. I've done and complied with your wishes. I expect the same.

sKally

• lowly one
    lowly one

I seen the old one where it was determined that somthing was definitely on the mountain of course, covered in deep ice but evidently broken in 2 pieces. And, the one half had slide futher down the mountain. There was an attempt to go back a second time but the turkish government wouldn't allow it.

With current tech one would think better evidence will be produced other than pilots seeing 2 items in the ice.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

My comment had nothing to do with you personally. It was in reference to this History Channel crap program. Quit being so paranoid.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Thanks for that. What time is it on?. We are in the UK but have got SKY tv, do you mean the History Channel on SKY?

Kaytee

• luna2
    luna2

I think I may have seen this one in the past too...wish I still got the History Channel so I could check it out again.

• sf
    sf

DIGGING FOR THE TRUTH-Hunt for the Lost Ark

Tune In:

Saturday, August 20 @ 8pm ET/PT

For centuries, adventurers, and archaeologists--the devout and determined, and even Indiana Jones--have all searched for the Bible's most sacred lost treasure: the Ark of the Covenant. Yet, despite all its fame, it mysteriously disappeared from the pages of history tens of centuries ago. How could something so powerful and holy simply vanish? That's what host and adventurer Josh Bernstein is determined to find out when he follows a trail that starts where the Ark's story begins--on Mount Sinai. Next, he explores a secret maze beneath Jerusalem's streets and visits Deir es Sultan, an Ethiopian monastery located on the roof of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. In Ethiopia, he climbs up a sheer cliff to reach Debre Damo, one of the country's most ancient monasteries, and travels across Lake Tana to the place where some say the Ark is kept today. But how close can he get to this mighty and mysterious treasure?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Actually, it sounds quite interesting! I'm gonna have to tape that. I love the History channel and the National Geograhic channel---all things I used to hate years ago! LOL!

Thanks for the "heads up" on that, I don't think I have seen it!

hugs,

Annie

• hubert
    hubert

I just saw the program. I found it to be too many "maybes", "if's" and "buts".

It was interesting, but I kind of felt that they "really" wouldn't find the ark.

Oh, they found a CHURCH that supposedly has the ark in it, but no one except the keeper of the ark has seen it. Yeah, right. Sounds like it belongs in a Watchtower book.

sf, I'm still glad you posted it, and I did find it interesting. It's just that I have this thing about cutting movies apart when I think they aren't real.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit