What do you see when you look in the mirror?

by findingmyway 16 Replies latest jw friends

• findingmyway
    findingmyway

When I look at myself in the mirror I see a different person than I saw a few years ago. Also, when I look at photos of myself from a few years back, I don't even know myself. Not that I look that much different physically -- it has something to do with the eyes. I was very unhappy. When I look at recent photos of myself, my eyes are dancing and I am glowing.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

• Mulan
    Mulan

An annoying old woman always steps in front of me when I look in the mirror.

Seriously, I know what you mean. Glad you are having that experience too.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Truly : I see a woman who doesn't want to grow up - enjoys her inner child!!!! I see a woman on the verge of huge change and her untapped potential lying in wait. I see a woman who loves life & people. I see a woman that wished that the world could trully be a much better place.

I see a woman that has gone through a lot & yet can still smile from the inside out.

I see a woman that holds her destiny & happiness in her hands.

I see me.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I finally see someone I can stand to look at.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

WLG - Amen!

And since I've left the JWs, I've also noticed a crooked little smile that I haven't seen since I was 5...

• caty
    caty

Right now, someone who needs a shower, haircut, and a decent night's rest.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Ditto the cheeky smile that was under a rock for 17 yrs.

I see potential

• vitty
    vitty

Its so strange......our reflections, men stare at themselves when they shave, women do so when they put on their makeup.

I remember trying to look myself in the eye and to be honest with myself, I just couldnt!!!

To me its like looking at a person we know well, but cant hold eye contact with, I think its cos i know ive been faking it for years, I feel guilty for my children, I surrended my responsibility to others and sacrificed my childrens and my own life. I am now taking back my life and find it easier ( not easy ) to look full on at myself in the mirror

Maybe one day ill say "hi, how are you, Ive been meaning to tell you what a nice person you are and how much I like you"

• findingmyway
    findingmyway
    men stare at themselves when they shave, women do so when they put on ; their makeup

Yes! That's exactly what I mean. Every now and then when you look you into the eyes and even deeper into the soul. Sometimes, it happens in a split second, and sometimes you actually SEE you...not your mole or your lashes or your lips, but YOU.

Maybe one day ill say "hi, how are you, Ive been meaning to tell you what a nice person you are and how much I like you"

This is definitely a conscious goal of mine, as well.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oddly enough, I always see the back of my head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit