Conditional Love/Heart Reading

by Garnet 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Garnet
    Garnet

I had a conversation the other day with a relative - we started talking about death and so on, so forth. I havent been attending for almost 3 years now and really havent been harrassed too much - just ignored.

I stopped attending meetings for a number of reasons, a few were belief differences which I knew would become trouble, but the main reason why I couldnt attend anymore is I felt fake. Not sure if it was just to myself, to others, or to whom. But I felt that people only wanted to associate with me because we shared one thing and one thing only....a belief.

If my grandmother was alive today, she would be livid that a group of people simply cannot show love for fellow man. She was friends with a few witnesses and refused conversion a long time ago. She was very happy being a devout Catholic - and one who had her own opinons on the church at that. But she always taught me to belive what was in my heart.

Back to my original sentence, in that conversation - my relative said "I will see so and so in the new system, but since you stopped beleiveing that..." I stopped right there...how dare this person tell ME what is in MY heart. Only because I stopped going to meetings and bowing down before the Watchtower Society every time they told me to makes me stop beleiving???? Since when can a human read another's heart condidtion? I am saddened today because of this accusation and feel that no one has the right to decide what I do and do not belive.

This same person made a statment that sat with me and reminded me of a lot of posts I have seen here. They said "so and so married out side of the truth and he beats her. While I feel bad for her, it is her own fault for not marrying a brother." It's things like this that make me so angry! Of course, I have also heard this relative say that the friends are tired....I am so confused on their stance, if there is one.

Me on the other hand, just thinks that we should all be good to one another and that there is a God (or higher being). I do follow my old beliefs that my grandmother instilled in my as a child and probably always will. I try to look at people as they all have good in their hearts and sometimes just need some love.

I really needed to get this off of my chest and I appreciate you listening. Please add/comment as you would like...I guess I am just set back as to how conditional love can be to some people.

Garnet - just truly saddened today

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I feel your pain Garnet. It is truly sad that a group of people have been so desensitized to the feelings of others that they would pronounce someone eternally dead to their very face! JW's are taught NOT to feel for those who do not believe as they do. Even at the doors, they only feign sympathy in order to coerce the householder into the KH. If they fail to do that then they could give a rat’s fat arse what happens to them tomorrow. In fact, they look forward to the day when they are vindicated and we are all destroyed (ain't gonna happen).

I remember when I first started studying, a girl I grew up with asked me "well what if the end comes and you find out the Witnesses are wrong, how will you feel then?" I couldn’t answer her. I couldn’t even think about that and pushed the thought out of my mind. All I could think about was the 'one true faith', the 'pure religion' where everybody loves one another. All the - JW's don't lie, cheat, steal or kill. And no JW husband would ever beat his wife (yeah, right!), or molest children the way Catholic priests have, etc. etc. etc. Well, JW's have been lied to and denied information for so long that the only way they will see the truth is if they want to. But the GB is helping that along by continually beating the R&F down with endless rules and admonitions - vacillating back and forth over how to treat disfellowshipped relatives, college education and whatever else is in the botchtower these days. No wonder they are getting tired.

I got tired of it too. So I left.

I'm glad you're here Garnet. I know that her comment hurt you but I say consider the source. She really has no idea what she is doing. She's only imitating her loving mother.

sweet tee

• out of the box
    out of the box

Garnet,

Take a break and just let it go. We cannot change them. We can only wait till they WAKE UP like you DID!

out of the box

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute
    While I feel bad for her, it is her own fault for not marrying a brother

it amazes me how these people read "bible-based publications" all day, study how the pharisees were so hypocritical, say that they practice love more than anyone else on this planet.... AND STILL MAKE ASSUMING AND JUDGEMENTAL comments like that... i wish God would personally smack them over the head with a chalk board eraser every time one of them said something idiotic like that... jesus

bethel minute

• skyman
    skyman

I will read your rants any time you like and I feel your pain. It helps all of us when some like you puts their feelings in writing. We heal with you.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    They said "so and so married out side of the truth and he beats her. While I feel bad for her, it is her own fault for not marrying a brother."

There are several things in your post you mentioned that would upset me too.

But that one takes the cake. What about all those sisters who married 'brothers' in the troof and get the living daylights beat out of them. I'd like to know her explanation on that.

Why won't they wake up and smell the roses?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit