St John's Wort led me to this JW site!

by AuntieJane 14 Replies latest jw friends

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Interesting, in searching out info on SJW, this guy had this great website about his former JW girlfriend and her strange beliefs! Pretty funny! Just sharing, http://www.redbeet.com/

AJ

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Poor guy, but he makes it quite funny. Thanks for the link, it's an interesting read.

http://www.redbeet.com/nora/

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Kewl. I emailed him and invited him to check us out.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Good idea, Brenda! Isn't it funny how he put the pix and told the whole story? He should post here, will be fun to see if he does!

AJ

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

That picture of the 'unhappy family' speaks VOLUMES!

He was a wise guy to get out. It'd be great if he posted here.

• horrible life
    horrible life

The unhappy family picture was priceless!

Reminds me when my teenager wants to go watch TV sometimes when we eat. When I have really cooked, I say "No, we are all going to sit at the table, like a happy family, DAMN-IT". HL

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

The way he describes the witless belief is right on point. Especially when he said "There are six billion people on this planet, and Jehovah's Witnesses look forward to seeing them all die, and they truly hope the end of the world will happen in our lifetime." He got a bird's eye view of witless life and it didn't take him long to figure out that their "extremist, fundamentalist views" really close them off from the rest of society. Funny, how after being around witlesses he actaully agreed with the GB in that "these people should only date other Jehovah's Witnesses. No one else can have such a narrow, close-minded view of humanity as them".

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Nasty Jehovah's Witnesses?

It's true that anyone can be a nasty person, but certain groups are more predisposed to such a bleak outlook. Jehovah's Witnesses appears very nice and friendly on the surface, but is there a monster lurking within?

To a Jehovah's Witness, religion is the only thing they're about. By definition they are extremist, fundamentalist people. They believe they're the only true Christians, and that everyone else is wrong or misguided, or misinterpreting the Bible. Their goal is to turn you into a Jehovah's Witness. 100% Guaranteed. Or go straight to Hell. I very seriously considered becoming one. I would have had to, to understand my wife (which is a messed up idea to start with, as she wasn't interested in understanding me like that). This religion, which is based on Christianity but is no longer so, was started just over a hundred years ago, and it's about 1/2 Bible and 1/2 Watchtower Publications. Watchtower Publications also provides a custom tranlation of the Bible. I believe their translation is not an accurate one. The Bible I use is my from one of my grandmothers, and it's the Revised Standard Edition and was created with a very large coalition of multi-denominational backgrounds (people who couldn't agree on many things, except the holy Bible)> These were the world's linguistic, scientific, and religions experts in the 1950s... and these translations were taken from older versions than the JW bible uses, and they fix many incorrectly translated pieces - based on analysis of language by the world's leading experts. But the Bible is another story altogether...

Fundamentalist Muslims are considered terrorists. Fundamentalist Christians, in comparison, are less violent but just as intolerant and extreme in their views of being the chosen ones. And fundamentalist Jews are much the same. My view is that any fundamentalist religion is a dangerous thing to follow. Fanatics like these people from many different religions have been the cause of so many wars, so much hate, terrorism, and anger -- there's only one way, and it's their religion's way. Don't expect them to think for themselves, or to have individual spirituality, because all answers are in either the Bible or in the Watchtower Publications leaflets and magazine. Jehovah's Witnesses will all be really nice to you at first, because they're always the chance that you'll become one of them... but don't be fooled. I am absolutely sure that the Jehovah's Witness woman I almost married is not an isolated case, they are all intolerant of other religions, close-minded and unable to think for themselves.

Fact: Jehovah's Witnesses believe that their 5 million members are the only Christians on the earth, the only devine people, the chosen ones. They believe that even humble, peaceful and pious people who dedicate their whole lives to studying religion (including the Bible) are all misguided... or simply wrong. They believe that there is only one way, the Christian fundamentalist way, and all other religions and people of the world are WRONG! And there's no place in Heaven for anyone but other Jehovah's Witnesses, of course. I'd rather end up in Paradise anyway, at least there you can enjoy things. Didn't read the book of Revelations recently, did you? That's where Jehovah Witnesses want to end up, watching everyone else die just as they're given eternal life. There are six billion people on this planet, and Jehovah's Witnesses look forward to seeing them all die, and they truly hope the End of the World will happen in our lifetime.

Do some research on them, and find out how they got started... look into the Watchtower Publications and read their literature, which has changed significantly over time. Then start reading the Bible with the book of Genesis, and see where the 12 Sons of Israel came from... 12,000 descendants of each of the 12 brothers = 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses are the only people to end up in Heaven. At least 11 of those 12 were evil brothers, who lied to their father, tricked one of their brothers and left him for dead... do your research, and read the Bible on your own.

Witnesses won't be forthcoming about who they are... there's a monster lurking below the surface, so you'll learn about them slowly, bit-by-bit. That monster is looking for someone to love, and maybe it will be you... but they have to find someone who is equally as intolerant of other relgions and beliefs... and someone who can't think on his own... so these people should really only date other Jehovah's Witnesses. No one else can have such a narrow, close-minded view of humanity as them.

I just thought it was worth pasting this particular part - its an excellent essay - written by an innocent person who got their fingers burnt I think. Lucky escape though for him! Hope he does pay us a visit!

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

That's the best part. Thanks for posting crumpet!

sweet tee

• kellym
    kellym

Hi everyone,

I'm Kelly, the guy who started the St. John's Wort website about depression (http://www.sjwinfo.org), that led AuntieJane to my website and page about my nasty ex-fiancee who is a Jehovah's Witness.

I put up a page of information about her on my home page, http://www.redbeet.com/nora/ because I believe people need to see how nasty she was... and so she doesn't do it again, to someone as gullible as I am.

Well, here's an interesting update. Today I received an email threatening and harassing me, from someone who knows my nasty ex-fiancee. More than that, they tracked me down and found out my employer, and have threatened to write all sorts of letters to them... and saying that they want to make my life hell unless I take down the above web page. I fail to see how my employer has anything to do with this, other than the fact that I work for an online magazine and am a pretty prominent figure in my field. But the website is my own personal page.

I think I will have to get a restraining order against her and her family! This is ridiculous, but I need to protect myself from these people.

I am not sure if all Jehovah's Witnesses are this nasty when they're exposed under the public eye, but this one sure is. She'd rather be secretive, and trick people without their knowing... but the power of information (I hope) will conquer all.

Best regards,

Kelly Martin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit