Do you ever feel....?

by Evanescence 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

that a part of you is still in the jw religion?

Do you at times defend the jw religion? even if you despise it do you still defend it as an automatic reaction?

Do you get offended at all if somebody was to attack the jw religion?

Do you still have habits that you developed as a jw that you struggle to get out of?

I know this question may be a bit personal, answer only if you feel comfortable, i've always wondered this with some ex-jws

Just thought it might be an interesting thing to Discuss

Evanescence

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Do you ever feel that a part of you is still in the jw religion?

Only when I come here

Do you at times defend the jw religion? even if you despise it do you still defend it as an automatic reaction?

I despise the Watchtower Cult and all it stands for, yet there are times when, in the name of truth and justice one can be drawn into defending it. For example: if some brain adled opposer starts posting b.s. about bodies on meathooks in the Bethel basement one is commpelled to say that such an accusation is unlikely top be true (proof please).

unclebruce

ps: has anyone checked down there recently?

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I am still official in, so that's more then a part maybe....

I do not defend it automatic. I defent it when people are overly critic, and make unreasonable claims. I do not consider it much worse then other religions, but I do not defend the real issues that there are with the JW's. It is good that many people will hear it, so I try to spread the word about certain issues.

Not really.

Do you still have habits that you developed as a jw that you struggle to get out of?

There are a lot of habits people develop in the JW religion. Not all are bad, some are pretty good actually. The most bad habits I can think of, are following the FDS without quetioning. I think nobody who is out struggles with this. I would not know many bad habits actually....

Danny

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I defend some of the things they believe, but i would never defend them. I have found myself explaining some of the things they believe and why they beleive it tho.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Honestly, yes. Even though I now realize that it was 90% bullshit, part of me has a hard time believing otherwise. I'd never EVER go back, but it's not easy to completely let go.

I used to until recently. I now get pissed at people who defend it.

The religion itself, no. It deserves to be assulted. The people...maybe. They're still in a brainwashed state and think they're doing something great. I feel sorry for them.

I think I've gotten rid of all my JW habits, not that I was the most devout JW in the first place.
  • mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

No not at all. I got out as soon as I was old enough, was never really that good a study or retaining information and any lingering dogma was chemically removed.

Wouldn't have the arguments even if I wanted to defend them. Pre my visits to this forum I may of defended them as harmless nutters but no more.

If it was on a false premiss I would but in a case like that I make sure they had the right ammunition for the arguments.

I must do. How can their influence not of effected my development during my childhood. As for struggling with them, there's no struggle, it's all part of who I am.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    I now get pissed at people who defend it.

but let's not forget that, when all said & dung, Jehovah's earthly organization provides a wonderful spiritual feast .. binding up the broken hearted and bringing comfort to those suffering under this wicked system of things ...

uncle 'pisspost' bruce

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    Jehovah's earthly organization provides a wonderful spiritual feast

Fortunately, man cannot live on angel food alone...it must be topped with strawberries and whipped cream before it's worth eating.

I now perfer devil's food over that tasteless stuff. It's good to go with nothing added.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

You remind me of a pioneer partner I once had. We'd be grouped on a corner talking anjy ol' crap and he'd waltz up and say "OK let's talk about something spiritual" .. everything would go quiet, then he'd point to the sky and say "look there goes an Angel!" .. a bloke had to be there I guess ..

cheers, unc

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    You remind me of a pioneer partner I once had.

*jumps off bridge*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit