Monomaniacal Ex-JWs?

by dunsscot 44 Replies latest jw friends

• dunsscot
    dunsscot

Its been a while since I read Stephen R. Covey's _The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People_ and I do not feel like looking up the section I am getting ready to mention. But I think I recall Covey talking about the unhealthy habit of becoming overly engrossed in one activity or pursuit.

It seems that there are individuals using this medium of communication whose life's aim is to "help" JWs out of the "borg" or 'bring down the Tower.'

If it tricks your trigger, I guess there is nothing anyone can do to prevent you from "helping" JWs out of the "borg." But I wonder if some here have not become monomaniacal in their deconstructive methodology. They just cannot seem to let JWs enjoy freedom of worship. They must interfere in the religious life of JWs. Yet what do they have to offer in return? Nothing, except believe what you want to or drink yourself half silly everyday and conduct a life governed by hedonic utility that is devoid of God.

Furthermore, maybe some of you here have convinced yourself that the Bible is false, God does not exist, and Jehovah's Witnesses are not God's people. But I think that if I ever left JWs, I would put faith in Acts 5:35-39. History has certainly borne out the truthfulness of this passage. Any work that is the result of man will fail, plain and simple: It will be exposed as a work of man. But if God is the author of the said work, you will not be able to overthrow it, but will in fact be found fighters against God.

But I end with my original question. Are some ex-JWs monomaniacal? I sure know that my buddy Dave is not.

Duns the Scot

• larc
    larc

Duns,

Here is my orientation. I am not interested in getting anyone out of the Witness culture. I am not part of a group set out on erroding the organization.

What I am interested in, is helping suffering people in transition. I am not interested in telling a person which path to take if they leave the organization. My goals are singular and specific. I want to help people who are mentally unbalanced and/or suicidal because their lives are in turmoil.

If you reflect upon it, I think that you will see that what I have stated above is conguent with my professional education and the ethos that goes with it.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid!

btw, I think it is very classy of you to ignore my insults to you, or maybe just cold and robotic, not sure which. I'll give you the beni and go with the former. Still, my insults are from the heart, so unless you post a picture of yourself crying, I'm going to keep it up as long as you continue to be an idiot. k?

:"They just cannot seem to let JWs enjoy freedom of worship"

JW's don't have freedom of worship.

:"Yet what do they have to offer in return? Nothing,...."

Oh God! this is over the top stupid! Sounds amazingly like that idiot Rex. There IS NO VOID to be filled!! There are no slings and arrows. In short, quit being a pussy. You, and everyone else, will be just fine. That "foundation" of religion is your imagination anyway. Btw, since people's lives generally seem to change only for the better when they quit clinging like starved children to the teat of religion, how can you be so sure they aren't in fact getting closer to God, rather than being "devoid of God"?

:"Furthermore, maybe some of you here have convinced yourself that the Bible is false...."

Give me one shred of clear, or for that matter, credible, evidence that the bible is of God. It has been exposed as the work of man, hasn't it? Petty, jealous, angry, petulant, bloodthirsty, given-to-favoritism God, left completely to the whims and attitudes and religious/political climate of the writers/time written.

:"Any work that is the result of man will fail, plain and simple: It will be exposed as a work of man. "

Just plain dumb! Untrue. Rediculous. Look around Duns, lots of successful "works of man" staring you in the face.

OTOH, if ex's are indeed fighters of God, then not to worry, they'll have no success.

What have I missed Duns?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

G'day Dunce scoff .. or whatever..

Yes of course, human nature being what it is some folk here are abscesed with bringing down the lunatic Watchtower leadership and giving it's psycophantic followers a thunderbolt of reality where it does the most good (betwixt the earlobes wherein a cell or two might regain consciousness, AWAKE! the brain from it's watchtower induced slumber and propell the recipient headlong into the land of the living in freedom of the sons of Gosh who cares! .. Life is good .. short but good for all those willing to take the plunge, forget the cult indoctrination and negative vibes about being no good carries of Adams fallen genes, trust God, Nature and most of all their own inate goodness.

Sure, many are stuck in the cycle of revenge and counterattack against the doomesdaymen who so callouslly trampled on thier lifes and made them Hell. Then again most are here partime and a guy needs a hobby. (as recommended for those with doubts by the evil mind control freaks of the WBTS circa 1982 .. I can't remmember the exact article, I've had a full life since then

Got any hobbies Dunscot? (Apart from making an arse of yourself complaining about the good guys that is.)

Serving Jehovah right, uncoolbruce

• larc
    larc

Duns,

Regarding the Bible, you might want to do a search on the term "real truth" for a discussion of the Ark theory. (search funtion is at the top of this page). Also, for a discussion of the book of Joshua is found on a thread I started, "our Sunday School lesson" You will have to search using the word "school", since I misspelled Sunday, as is my predeliction.

I would be interested in your comments.

• Commie Chris
    Commie Chris

It may well be that some here are preoccupied with “rescuing” others from the Borg. If you are familiar with the characteristics of adult children of alcoholics, there are some interesting parallels here. Membership in a cult seems to have a lot in common with addictions to alcohol and drugs, and it is not surprising that many who were raised in cult households have similar characteristics to those raised in alcoholic households, including feeling a need to “rescue” others. But this is clearly a generalization. Most people on this Board are evidently sober in every sense of the word and want to use their experience as former JWs to help those who have more dire needs than “merely” escaping a cult. Maximus and Silentlambs, for example, are clearly very dedicated to helping people who have very, very serious needs. Morevover, they appear to be succeeding.

Others on this Board also have ideas to offer which can help those who have honestly come to the conclusion they no longer believe in god to find a purpose to their life. For example, I have briefly outlined the philosophy of social ecology in a previous post. Many others have also described the beliefs which have given their lives purpose, without a need for god. The idea that without god there is no morality or purpose to life, and we are doomed to lives of hedonic utility is, IMHO, just plain silly Duns. This is worth further discussion, if you are up to it.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hang on! Someth'n's not right here - Bro Dun Scott posts faining dismissattude at those shedding light into the Watchtowers deep dark dungeon yet he sings the praises of some money mad capitalist prick promoting 'success' as something to be bought and traded about like a pigs belly. Mark my words - someth'n's amiss with this kilt wearing haggis basher. Has he really the stomach to argue with those now free of the Towers dark foul air breathing the sweet air of survival eyes praising the stars clear above. Well you no what I say, crank open the cells of the mind and let the rats scurry where they may. Good luck DunScotty me lad, I hope you learn a thing or two.
    (though I fear you have some un-learing to do first .. an educated fool is a sad thing to behold ;)

unclebruce who knows

• outcast
    outcast

Englishman, Please cover your eyes.

Dunsscott,

FUCK OFF!!!!!!!

Englishman, you can open them now.

• dunsscot
    dunsscot

Larc,

:Here is my orientation. I am not interested in getting anyone out of the Witness culture. I am not part of a group set out on erroding the organization.

What I am interested in, is helping suffering people in transition. I am not interested in telling a person which path to take if they leave the organization.:

Notice that I did not say everyone here is intent on "helping" out JWs. I will concede your point. You do not seem to be monomaniacal. At least, while I do not agree with you in many areas, I think you are acting ethically in this respect.

Duns the Scot

• dunsscot
    dunsscot

unclebruce,

:Got any hobbies Dunscot? (Apart from making an arse of yourself complaining about the good guys that is.):

I love reading, baseball, studying foreign languages, and going to theme parks. I also take courses in being a thorn in the side of others, just for fun. :-)

Duns the Scot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit