Anthropic Principal Debunks Naturalism

by Shining One 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Shiny one,

YOUR modern science has determined .....

Will you please cut your electric wires, throw away your tellie, your car.
    O yes and if you use modern medicines will you please stop using them, and only use what you find in the woods.

Unless you are Amish, then consider this note not written.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Shi**ing One said:

"Does one have to be a baseball player to know a lot about baseball?"

No.

Now, back to my original statement: Geisler is NOT a scientist, and his statements about science are the reflection of his RELIGIOUS bias. Science is the study of facts and how those facts either support or do not support theories.
    Religion is a matter of FAITH and BELIEF; they have nothing to do with the scientific method.

I really have no issue with what you believe, but when you present religious puffery as science, then debunking is in order.

Who are you referring to as agnostic? Anyone on this thread? I don't recall anyone saying they are agnostic.
    I am not.

But I strenuously object to your abusing the gullible with posts from dribblers like Geisler.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

rex,

using your imagination for a moment:

what would you require to admit that god most likely does not exist?

conversely, what would you require in the way of evidence to admit that Islam, or Taoism, is the true religion, and Christianity is false?

please advise,

TS

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

here is a fly in the ointment

granted all things seem VERY finely tuned for human life....

but for how long?

in about say 5 billion years, our sun will nova and about 10 billion after that just about every sun within walking distance will likewise crap out on us....

leaving us where?

heat death is expected to take several quatillion years, which is a long time for no life before the next burt of creation....

the universe only looks fined tuned to us for now but it has not always seemed that way nor does it look like it will stay that way for long

so if the intent was eternal human life, something is obviously messed up.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Shining

God is transcendant and needs no cause to exist. Whether you are a deist or agnostic there is no logical progression: logic stops here and cannot address eternity.

As I said earlier, there is nothing objective to seperate in terms of proof your beliefs and those of someone who worships a stick they have decided is the personification of god. It's all about what YOU think, what YOU believe. Facts don;t even enter into it; if they get in the way, you make special rules, which are no better than someone claiming the tooth fairy makes parents think they are putting money under their children's pillows

On the topic of abortion, I don't care who practiced it, when or where. That is irrelevant.

And here we see your level of personal honesty displayed. You claim to be a Christian, yet when asked for a simple proof of a belief you cannot show it is from the Bible

YOUR modern science has determined that the fetus is human life, period.

Yes, and? It has also proved that a 12 week-old fetus has less nerve tissue than a pet rat. It's also been proved that around 78% of conceptions do not end in childbirth as many, many fertilised eggs fail to implant or implant and shortly thereafter die, before the woman is even aware she is pregnant - and all part of the 'natural order'[ of things.

Yet despite the transient and fragile nature of early term pregnancies, despite the fact that there is no equivalency what-so-ever between even a premature baby and a 12 week-old fetus in terms of 'humanity' as defined by that which makes us human - our brains - you will go ahead of god's word and claim that abortion is equivalent to murder.

If this is the case, abortion would be specifically mentioned in the Bible. It is not. Apparently god considers cooking (do not boil a kid in its mothers's milk), fashion (don't wear garments made of mixed threads) and working regulations (don't muzzle an ox threshing grain) ALL more important than ickle unborn babies, as they get a specific mention and abortion DOESN'T.

Throughout the ancient world abortion was known and practised - and not seen as murder. Without any specific regulations in the Mosaic law, we can be sure that Israelite women were taking their infusions of wild carrot, nutmeg, or whatever the preffered local abortifacient was.

Just as the Pharasees (whom Jesus rightly despised) made up their own rules and elaborated on god's rules, so do you, out of pure vanity and self-obsession, do the same.

Swallow your camels down and strain out those gnats, you're turning into a Biblical architype. It is hugely enjoyable to watch you destroy your own credibility and show us what sort of person you are. Despite all your claims to faith in god, you are just idolising your own opinion.

As for pedophillia, the Bible records in loving detail god's commands to the Israelites to destroy a city and kill everybody inside APART from the virgin girls (in context this would mean all girls over 12-14). My daughter could figure out what happened to them next when she was 12. And as the Bible tells us god never changes, are we to assume he is still in favour of giving pre-teen girls to soldiers as booty?

But why ask you? You have shown that you will first answer from your own opinion, rather than use the Bible you claim to follow.

• Shining One
    Shining One

You guys just can't deal with Geisler. He has demolished a few of your champions in debates. One of them actually admitted that the evidence for Christianity was overwhelming but that he could not accept it on philisopical grounds, lol.
    For Tetly, use your imagination.......what side of the wager are you on? IF the Bible is correct about Jesus being "the way the truth and the life" and the ultimate reality is that you are sitting in judgement OF God, what will you lose? BTW, as long as you live, it is never too late to 'see the light'.
    Just like the blind man in John 9, He opened my eyes to spiritual sight. I could easily have been on the other side of this argument.
    Rex

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Shining One:

You guys just can't deal with Geisler. He has demolished a few of your champions in debates. One of them actually admitted that the evidence for Christianity was overwhelming but that he could not accept it on philisopical grounds, lol.

Could you please provide a reference for this. I would be intrigued to know which of my "champions" made such an uncharacteristic and dishonest claim. If you do not provide an accurate reference, then I will remind you by calling you a disgusting hyporitical liar until you retract the statement.

For Tetly, use your imagination.......what side of the wager are you on? IF the Bible is correct about Jesus being "the way the truth and the life" and the ultimate reality is that you are sitting in judgement OF God, what will you lose? BTW, as long as you live, it is never too late to 'see the light'.

If the Qur'an is correct about Mohammed being the last prophet, then shouldn't you be facing Mecca when you pray? What have you got to lose? Really, Rex, you make this so easy it's tedious.

I could easily have been on the other side of this argument.

Not really. You'd need a far better grasp of logic than you appear to possess, as well as a basic education.

• Shining One
    Shining One

Junkyderak,

>Not really. You'd need a far better grasp of logic than you appear to possess, as well as a basic education.

Where does logic deal with the transcendant nature of God? Your concious mind is not at all explained by logic, nor can it be. Go on CARM web site and see why your logic cannot grasp any of what you think it can.You obviously did not see my post on the logical errors many of you here begin with, or maybe you just ignored it because you couldn't answer? Go away until you can quit pretending you are a scholar of some sort.
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi Abaddon,
    Omce a JW, always a JW. You dodge and weave, bring up multiple subjects and refuse to follow your own logic out to its conclusion.
    REx

• avishai
    avishai

Rex, one question, as a neutral observer. Why, rather than answering peoples valid quetion's in a debate do you resort to hurling insults at them instead? It does'nt seem very christian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit