Share a Story...

by misspeaches 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Confession
    Confession

Miss Peaches, I told a story this past week that a lot of people told me they enjoyed. Be forewarned though--it's long!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/96377/1645996/post.ashx#1645996

• sonnyboy
  • misanthropic
    misanthropic

I have a story I wasn't going to post but here goes anyway. This happened a few days before you posted your story Miss Peaches about running into that witness at the grocery store.
    A few months back I was shopping at a local mall at night time and I heard someone saying my name over and over. I turned to see my best JW friend that I practically grew up with. She grabbed me and we hugged and talked, as I went to leave she gave me her business card and made me promise to call her. Which I did a couple of nights later. We talked for what seemed like forever, laughing, reminiscing the past and all that jazz... Okay so anyway we ended on a note that we would have to get together and do something, she told me to email her later on. Which I did, a couple of days later. I invited her to come to my house and we would have dinner, I even told her to bring her husband (who was my friend before as well). Well anyway, she seemed enthusiastic enough and that was supposed to be the following saturday. But then she called me on that saturday and said she couldn't make it and would call me later. I waited it out and like 2 weeks had passed since I heard from her so i emailed her and told her I would love to take her to lunch one day. She emailed back saying she would get back to me, but never did. I didn't email or call again because it seemed weird that she was blowing me off since she is the one approached me in the mall and everything.
    Then one day we were at a local toy store looking for Star Wars toys (as my husband has to have every single one) and I ran into her and her husband there. It was really awkward, and I was just trying to be polite but not too overly friendly as it was obvious she felt the same way. Then she says to me, "I haven't been avoiding you, I have just been really busy". Which was weird that she used the word "avoiding". So anyway we left and I was glad to escape without having to stand around too long feeling weird about the whole situation.
    Okay so now a couple of weeks ago it was about 8:00 pm and we were shopping at a clothing store and I saw her as soon as we came into the store. We made eye contact and thats when her and her husband proceeded to hide in the aisles of the store. I went to look for her to just let her know I had seen her and because it was very strange, but when I went into her aisle she looked at me and then pretended to be really busy inspecting something. I was so mad, and it was just so weird that I said to my husband I wanted to leave right then. In the car I was so upset I started crying, I have never been DF'd or DA'd so it didn't make any sense to me.
    But then my husband took me to Starbucks for an iced coffee and all was well again!

• out of the box
    out of the box

I read some of the stories here and they are changing my mood, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I did not start this thread, but it sure is encouraging me this morning! Since I have started posting here, a short time, I have gone through so many emotions about that 9 years I spent being a JW. But, when I read all your posts, IT DOES MAKE IT ALL BETTER! I mean it, it is REALLY HELPING ME! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU all for posting your stories! It makes me feel less alone, less odd, and less unique in my past suffering!

misspeaches:

Its incredible isn't it. There are just so many incredible stories they just appear to be neverending at times. I find myself recalling a story I had long forgotten about and feeling shocked that I accepted certain things as normal. You go through all the range of emotions everytime one is recalled.

Thank you for that reply! What is amazing is that we are all the 'same' as far as the memories and the experiences!!! I had NO IDEA at the time. As a JW you are part of an org. but alone at the same time! It is this dis-jointed life that keeps you in with them because you think you will figure it all out, after all you are smart and you are a 'thinking' person! But, there is no time to think, there is NO TIME TO REASON! Only when you take a break, leave, that you SEE and come back to life! How could 9 years of my life been taken by such an experience as being a JW? Wow, I scare myself when I say those words!!!

LouBelle

As with being defd along comes the shunning from everyone that is a witness, family, friends you've know since birth.....You leave feeling like you've lost the world but you know what after that initial downer..... how do I describe it.... I feel like a blind man that has received sight for the first time, and is looking up at a huge rainbow, seeing the 7 different colours, the joy is so much one cannot put it down in words

I can't even imagine what it would be like not to 'return' to a normal life, but to go to a NEW life after being brought up in the borg!!!! I admire your courage and strength! You made it DESPITE the oppression you grew up with! My hats off to you!

misanthropic:

But then my husband took me to Starbucks for an iced coffee and all was well again!

Loved that statement! That is so UPBEAT! The deep pain we feel is the way THEY act. It's like we never knew that 'stuff' was inside them to do!

out of the box just tried to fix the weird formatting. The highlighting is messed up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit