As God Is My Witness....

by MidwichCuckoo 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lowly one
    lowly one

John 8:14 " 'in answer Jesus said to them: "Even if I do bear witness about myself, my witness is true,"..."There is another that bears

witness about me, and I know that the witness which he bears about me is true..." John 5:32 Mathew 3:17 "...there was a voice out of the heavens that said: "This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved"..."Also in Your own Law it is

written, 'The witness of two men is true.' I am one that bears witness about myself, and the Father who sent me bears witness about me." John 8:17,18

Jesus being baptised may not of had any legal obligation before his Father to keep the 2 witness rule where he said, "in your own law it is written, 'The witness of two men is true.' " He kept himself seperate from there law. He futher showed how he may have understood the 2 witness rule where he used from the past, what his Father said in relation to him at baptisim as the 2nd witness, both witnesses coming from Jesus mouth. In other words the 2nd piece of evidence could come from the same person. Thus it may be fatal error to assume that a Watchtower god, the one(s) the Jehovahs Witnesses follow has Gods approval when it could be required , 2 witnesses according to their law, 2 seperate and distinct individuals offering evidence, a much stricter standard than Jesus showed us.

"If anyone thinks he has acquired knowledge of something, he does not yet know [it] just as he ought to know [it]." 1Corinthians 8:2

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Good point Midwich, i guess the problem is just proving it.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Maybe they could all spend nine months in jail, to be "purged", like Rutherford et al, in 1918-19.

It could be more evidence that they're right, and chosen by God

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit