FOX network show "OVER THERE"

by EscapedLifer1 3 Replies latest social current

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

Greetings,

Well, what do you all think about it, and how it is portraying the various sides/issues related to the Iraq war?

Let the fun begin...

Brandon

• Maverick
    Maverick

I have watched it from the beginning and although I have not talked to anyone who has come back from Iraq about it I find it quite compelling.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I've seen two episodes... I like it.

• upside/down
    upside/down

One of my very good friends' (a currently shunned Mormon) son was just here on leave...he's a Navy Seal. He is always leary of how "TV" portrays ANYTHING to do with the war...he says it's almost always way off from reality... I hope this show is more true to life than the "media" would have us believe.

He said that the soldiers are so INTO the war in Iraq for apparently the "right" reasons. He was in a hospital where they send the wounded vets from Iraq and Afghanistan...he said that all the soldiers unanimously were EAGER to return to their units and "the fight"...

I asked him what he (and the actual soldiers fighting) felt and thought about the whole thing...he replied very positively that things are going "good" and that the single most distressing thing to the boys "over there"...is the negative press reports...He says they are flat out misrepresenting the entire situation...at least from the troops perspective.

Now I know Simon and his cronies will view this as "right wing tripe"...but it's what he said... I for one, found it enlightening and was not surprised. A lot of Coloradoans have died...and yet public support is high. I'm amazed.

I am not saying I support or don't support what's going on (that's my business not anyone elses), but that is a live opinion from someone that I know that is involved...no BBC or CNN bullshit spin...

u/d(of the Jerry Rivers Geraldo Rivera is an ass class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit