Questions for God

by the_classicist 9 Replies latest jw friends

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Let's say that a being appears to you claiming to be God.

What questions would you ask it, or what miracles do you tell it to preform in order to determine whether this being is God?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I think I would challenge him to arm wrestle me.

or maybe turn water into wine.

or whoop his ass for letting people suffer.

Something spontaneous... althoug he'll see it coming.

• undercover
    undercover
    What questions do you as(k) it,

Where the hell you been all this time??

• John Doe
    John Doe

I think if you were to actually meet "God," his power would be self-evident and any requests for proof would be sacreligious, if he exists. :-)

• Undecided
    Undecided

Doesn't everyone know no man can see God and live, unless of course he becomes a man, and then you can kill him. Whoever does kill him is doing you a favor because he then becomes a sacrifice so you can be forgiven of your ancestor's sin. See how simple it all is? Of course you have to have faith that this really happened or you will be cooked and never get done.

Christainty is so comforting.

Ken P.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

How about those in the naturalist camp? Anyone?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

he would have to make himself visible, and allow me to record the transaction with several skeptic friends.

i would formulate a "random" sentence in my head, and ask him to recite it. i would do this a few times.

i would then go and collect james randi's million dollar reward, and do the morning talk show circuit. god would have to be willing to stick with me for the whole deal, answering all sorts of questions about human suffering and performing undeniable miracles on skeptical people before a live studio audience. if he is omnimax, he would be able to do all these things, no matter how ridiculous. and if he truly loved mankind, he would do them as long as they harmed no one else. i can think of dozens of miracles that would convert me on the spot.

then i would ask for a near future prophecy. the rules of the prophecy would be have to be observed. they are found here under the heading regarding prophecies that could not be contrived:

http://www.ebonmusings.org/atheism/theistguide.html

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

I would not ask anyone claiming to be God a question. I would make a statement instead. I would tell God, "I do not need You. I can decide what is good or bad on my own. Now go away and leave humanity alone."

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    he would have to make himself visible, and allow me to record the transaction with several skeptic friends.

i would formulate a "random" sentence in my head, and ask him to recite it. i would do this a few times.

i would then go and collect james randi's million dollar reward, and do the morning talk show circuit. god would have to be willing to stick with me for the whole deal, answering all sorts of questions about human suffering and performing undeniable miracles on skeptical people before a live studio audience. if he is omnimax, he would be able to do all these things, no matter how ridiculous. and if he truly loved mankind, he would do them as long as they harmed no one else. i can think of dozens of miracles that would convert me on the spot.

then i would ask for a near future prophecy. the rules of the prophecy would be have to be observed. they are found here under the heading regarding prophecies that could not be contrived:

Wouldn't that simply prove that it's a supernatural being and not an eternal absolute that many call God?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

eternal absolute?

if some supernatural being could do those things, it would be a god for all intents and purposes. i would have to no longer be an atheist. and since there is no evidence for the Church's God, and there would be evidence for this one, then it would most likely be the one the writers of the bible had been misrepresenting all along anyways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit