response to 'older men dating teenagers/lolita'

by girl_interrupted 11 Replies latest social relationships

• girl_interrupted
    girl_interrupted

Hey Guys

I feel deeply for wanderlustguy, when he describes what his father was like with young girls....incidentally, the reason I was disfellowshipped (among other things) was because I had an affair with a much older 'brother' in the cong. I was just 14 at the time, and being naive and completely under his influence, I believed myself to completely in love with him and believed he felt the same way for me. Needless to say, HE DIDN'T, and it turned out that I was just one of many, both past and present. This guy has scarred me mentally and emotionally, and though I no longer have any contact with him, it still breaks my heart to think of him :(

• jaredg
    jaredg

that has got to be one of the saddest stories I have ever heard. so is your experience what brought you here to JWDF?

• girl_interrupted
    girl_interrupted

Yes, it took a long time though to share it with anyone, though....I'm receiving professional help with regards to this, but its so hard to deal with....the people I thought were my friends deserted me when i needed them most which is the one thing that hurts possibly more then the affair itself....

• jaredg
    jaredg

wow. that selfish bastard. i kills me to see adults who should know right from wrong just totally destroy a young woman's life. i feel for you, i really do. i wish you the best of luck with your therapy and hope that in the future you will be able to have a healthy relationship with a significant other of your choice. just remember that not all men are ravaging wolves like the man who took advantage of you. ((((((((HUGS))))))) also know that all of us here at JWDF support you and can be some of your closest friends. i also know what it's like to have your bests freinds desert you. it happened to me when i was DF'd. many people here understand what you are going through more than you know. jared

• girl_interrupted
    girl_interrupted

Thank you, jaredg, means a lot :) (((Hugs to you too))))

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

((((girl))))

How awful! Glad you're getting help, and hopefully those who have had similar experiences can help with your healing too.

• jaredg
    jaredg

you are welcome GI....stick around and make yourself at home.

• thom
    thom

I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you. Even how you were treated when it came to light. I'm glad you're getting help and I hope you can look to the future and realize that alot of good can still come along in your life, it really can.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Welcome.

You have a PM.

WLG

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    wow. that selfish bastard.

I echo this. The only small solice I have is that the men that did this to me, when I was 15 and 16, weren't involved in some church I went to. Still, what they did was unforgiveable and I hope that they didn't go onto victimize other girls. Wanderlust's thread on this subject exposed a lot of disturbing thoughts and ideas from men. I cringe when I think that any mature man could ever think he was not doing a lot of harm to a teenager by messing with her head and taking her to bed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit