Shameless Plug - Wife's acting debut

by EscapedLifer1 7 Replies latest jw friends

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

Greetings,

I would like to warmly invite any of you nasty old apostates in the Southeast US to a nice evening at the theatre to watch my wife play the role of "Shelby" in The Whole Backstage's production of the stageplay "Steel Magnolias". It will be in Guntersville, Alabama. Check out the website for performance dates, directions, info, etc.:

http://www.wholebackstage.com/Steel%20Magnolias.htm

They have been around for about 30 years, and are a really good community theatre.

She has always wanted to do stuff like this, but of course as a Witness, anything that took time away from "service" was evil. But now that we're out, she's getting the opportunity to spread her wings and fly!

Brandon

• nilfun
    nilfun

That is so cool.

• kls
    kls

Neat Brandon,,,my sons name also,,,,,,Tell your wife to break a leg

• prophecor
    prophecor

That's wonderful. Hi Brandon.

Life's already to short as it is, not getting any true enjoyment or fulfillment out of it. It's good, too, that you're both out at the same time. I imagine your relationship has taken on an entirely new life. Congratulations to both of you.

art

• horrible life
    horrible life

My husband was a regular in our towns community theater. He loved it. He once dressed as woman in "Love, Sex, and the IRS." I had a hard time finding shoes to fit his size 12 feet. I finally found some lovely Selby brand shoes. Multi-colored to match many dress colors. He played Sneaky in "The Death and Life of Sneaky Fitch". Had to grow out a beard, he looked like the bum he played. He made sure all of his customers knew he was in a play, not an unshaven bum. Many many more. He loved them.

So tell your wife to have fun, help her with her lines, and show up everynight to support her!! HL

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Good for her! Tell her to break a leg!

Jeff Schwehm

www.catholicxjw.com

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Whoa...isn't that like the "starring" role??? I loved the movie. Yup...like was mentioned before...tell her to break a leg! How exciting for you all...especially your wife!

• Preston
    Preston

Hey, she gets to play Julia Roberts!!!!

She does have...that look

- Preston

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit