**My SSD Hearing**or What I did on my Summer Vacation

by BrendaCloutier 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

DAGNABBIT, (((((Brenda))))) So sorry, hon. Keepin' fingers crossed and hopes up for you to stay on the positive side of whatever the outcome is of this hearing. Lawdhammercy, there just isn't anything good enough to buck someone up when the powers that be stand in a position of raining on your parade. I'm really at a loss for words, cher! Just know that I DO care and empathize with you, sweetie. If there was anything I could do to help, I'd sure be doin it right now, hon. Don't get carpet burns on yer chin, chica. Go back and get 'em if they turn you down this time.

Hugs,

Frannie

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Awe,geeze, thank you everyone! I knew I wouldnt have a decision yesterday, but I thought I'd have a better feel for it than 50/50, same with my atty! Technically, the written decision will be anywhere from 1 to 5 months away.

The worst thing I did in court was I hung my head and shook it shaking back some tears as the judge restated my "abilities" to the occupational therapist to get an idea of what I could physically and mentally qualify for for an 8 hour a day job: information clerk. you know, the person that sits at an information desk in a hospital, etc? A receptionist but less multitasking.

A lot of my feelings of defeat were when I told of my education: sophomore HS, with some college , but no degree. I wanted to yell that I was pulled out of school by brainwashed cult followers because they thought I had enough education to be a wife and in 1973 they thought the world was going to end in 1975! Between being a highschool dropout and a recovering alcoholic (sober since 1990) and married to 2 abusive spouses, I felt like I was being considered trailor trash. I have never felt that way before.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Everybody for pulling for me. I may feel defeated, but I'm not defeated yet! My feats just hurt....

PS Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and FibroMyalgia are considered two sides of the same coin. The judge told me and my doctor they are not considered the same thing.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Hi Brenda,

One of the hardest things to deal with, regarding fibromyalgia, is the fact that externally the sufferer looks normal. At least, that's been my experience. Hang in there.

Hugs, Cellist

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Thank you Cellist.

Yes, that "normal" exterior, combined with a usually optomistic attitude on life can be a great hinderance at times. But moaning and groaning is not my usual M.O.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I'm so sorry, Brenda. I'm hoping the judge will come to his senses and make the correct ruling.

• juni
    juni

Brenda, hi!

I feel for you as my daughter is going through the same hoops. She has degenerative disc disease. Had to go to one of the social security doctors and it was a joke. Of course she has been turned down, though she has a lawyer who has it filed w/the court. Takes them 2 years to come up w/their decision. We have payed for this help for ourselves and deserving others through our social security taxes. The government feels they are doing us this great favor - I'm sure when one of the "leaders" has a problem it gets taken care of right away.

Thinking of you and know that others too are waiting to be judged "worthy" of help. juni

• Es
    Es

Oh hun you poor thing. Doesnt it make you mad when there are people who are unfairly collected social secuirty and those people that are genuine get the raw end of the deal. Fingers crossed hun es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit