*** My "Judicial Hearing" for SSD today 1pm PDT ***

by BrendaCloutier 18 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

9pm British Summer Time 10pm European Time

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Usually when someone applies for disability the first time they are rejected. Why they do this? So you can contact one of their lawyers to fight for you and win and then they get a cut of the check ever month..what a rip-off..

When hubby was diagnosed with cancer he was immediatly changed over to disability. Didn't need a lawyer for that one.He was already on Social security so the switch was easy.

The good part is when I turn 65 I can collect his full amount of disability..even if I am not disabled. I could collect it now but I would take a cut.

Good luck to you!From what I've read you should qualify.

Snoozy...

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Hugs and positive energy to Brenda!

Knowing everything will turn out as you desire it to be.

Love and light,

ESTEE

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Dear Brenda, I know everything will be okay. Stick to your guns and don't let them get the upper hand.

I am saying a prayer for you.

love Orangefatcat

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

THank you thank you thank you everyone - I'll take y'all into the hearing with me.

If you truly cannot work to support yourself, I hope you get it.

Thank you very much DY. My last job was 3 hours per day - 5 days per week, and after six months I couldn't handle it! I continued with my custom sewing/repair business and got to where I couldn't handle the pain of that anymore, either, even working at home in my pj's... I'd lay out a project one day, 2 days later I'd cut it out, 2 days later I'd start the sewing process. It would take me 10 days to make a recumbent bicycle "sok". A very simple (for me) thing to do. My business became too successful for me to handle, so I gave it to someone else, selling her the patterns. (She already knew the client base because she was one of them!)

It has taken me 10 years to be fully diabled and have the courage to follow thru with my SSD claim. This is claim #4. I'd always drop out with the other ones and go back to work.

• luna2
    luna2

You got 'em Brenda! Hope all goes well at the hearing!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*best of luck, Brenda*

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

It's noon. Time to jump in the shower and prepare to meet my destiny.

• kls
    kls

Waiting to hear Brenda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit