WT Experiences from the distant past presented as current

by blondie 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

What do you mean?

The 1963 citation has a reference to "D. A. Hayes in his book The Gift of Tongues".

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well, aint that special. That story stayed w me for a long time. It was very effective in demonising (pun intended) pentles.

S

• blondie
    blondie

I mean I was trying to edit that when my computer crashed.

I do think it is clear that the WTS left out the time frarme of the quote and even Hayes statement as being many years ago 46 to 56 rather than the implication that this happened just a very few years before 1963. This is a tactic the WTS uses when making quotes from secular sources or giving experiences. 1963--quoted--no mention that this was quoted in a 1917 and 1907 WT publication.

By using the search on the CD, other experiences come to light that are presented as happening with the last few years and you find out it happened 20 or more years ago.

It is harder and harder for the WTS to find a current experience.

Blondie

• Apathy
    Apathy

Granted, since they were quoting the book, which was the one saying how it was 'not long ago', it still led one to believe that it had occured not long ago. They might just be stupid, but I doubt it. Well, not their stupidity, but not noticing the leading way the quote was presented.
    At least they didn't quote the 'not long ago' bit in 1992. Even for the borg, ninety years is probably a long time.

• Apathy
    Apathy

Its called: Jehovah's perception of time...

Keep this in mind as you contemplate the fact that Jehovah's Day might seem to be "delaying." The Bible says "one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day" (2 Peter 3:8). So if we look at history from Jehovah's point of view, we should realize that:

+ Adam was created six days ago and Jehovah made immediate plans to restore what he had lost for his offspring.
    + 39 hours and 45 minutes later He acted to prevent the demons and Satan from ruining the earth with their violence and to give a clean start to a few righteous people- Noah and his family.
    + 10 hours later, the same day, a covenant with Abraham was in place to give a guarantee that Jehovah would provide a ransom for mankind and restore things to their rightful state.
    + The very next day, Israel left Egypt, the Law Covenant was put in place and the temple was built.
    + One day, 1 hour and 48 minutes later Jesus paid the ransom and people who wished to put faith in it could be saved.
    + 2 hours and 5 minutes ago Jehovah placed his son on the throne in His Kingdom to finalize the arrangements for the new system.
    + And within a few minutes (or maybe seconds) it will all be over at Armageddon for those wanting to disrupt His purposes.
    + After one day spent restoring the earth to paradisaic conditions, those who are faithful to Jehovah can look forward to uninterrupted everlasting life on into eternity.

So it's "all in a week's work" Do we still think Jehovah is slow respecting His promises?

See? Sixty years is NOTHING. xDD;

• VM44
    VM44

The whole story is merely hearsay, and should not be used to prove anything...but that does not stop The Watchtower from using the story over and over again in their "reasoned" articles.

The Watchtower has NEVER cared about facts or logic, only stories and "smooth sounding words" that they can use to spin their propaganda!

They are dishonest, and they do not care!

I do not know how the writers can sleep at night!

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit