Peter Jennings of ABC World News Tonight just died.

by BrendaCloutier 11 Replies latest social current

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I gained the deepest respect for his coverage during the events of 9/11. I'm stunned.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=1015438

• Apathy
    Apathy

;~; I know, I've been listening to CNN. -sniffle-
    BUT HE HAS THE RESURRECTION HOPE!!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Damn!!!

• blondie
    blondie

Who would have thought he would die before Walter Cronkite? He was only 14 years older than I am. Makes me realize that it is important to make my days count.

Blondie

• prophecor
    prophecor

You'll be missed Peter Jennings / Hope your World News Tonight is a Comfortable Crossing

• Preston
    Preston

Even when he was diagnosed he still did the news. I like that, that's class.

- Preston

• talesin
    talesin

I think he was a great man, and was hoping he would defeat the cancer.

• luna2
    luna2

How sad! I don't watch news very much so I missed the announcement that he had cancer. I had no idea he was 67 either.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Ya know...it was a surprise, but I had heard that he was battling some sort of illness.

Peter Jennings is one of our 'exports' to the United States, and I do believe he took up U.S. citizenship.

He was applauded far and wide, for his 9/11 and post-9/11 coverage.

Peter was born and raised up here in Canuckistan (thanks Pat Buchanan...really). He took on a job down south (ABC) and did what he did best.

There are so many Canadian newscasters in the United States. I've lost count.

If there are any ... yes, any on 'FOX' I'll be surprised, but maybe not.

Remember him for his 'personal touch'. Here is some more information about him: http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/J/htmlJ/jenningspet/jenningspet.htm

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Even when he was diagnosed he still did the news. I like that, that's class.

He had a great deal of class and empathy. He was awesome! He had a great deal of tack, but still said it like it "is". I have been missing him, as ABC WNT is our primary dinner TV. Now he won't be back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit