falling in love

by kid B 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Stacey
    Stacey

In agreement with Eyebrow...baggage. Baggage is dealt with in time. I have it, we all have it. I feel that I have dealt with a lot of my baggage and put some of it behind me.

But if someone that a non-JW is dating is a current JW or a disfellowshiped person it's definitely wise to find out exactly where they stand. If the JW or ex-JW wants to go back... well, that's the dangerous spot. Especially if you dont plan on joining them.

Just my two cents.

Stacey

• kid B
    kid B

thanks to eyebrow/stacey/prisca for advice =)

i totally see what you mean, but i really had no intentions in changing what i believe in, and even if i wanted to, i couldnt. i just meant that i wish i could. as far as a real relationship with her is concerned, ive all but given up. the reason why i wanted to find out more is because we are still best of friends and we are both still hurting a heck of a lot, and i would like to know what makes her tick. if its important to her, then i respect it. i dont have to agree, but i definitely respect it. and so i just wanted to know what forces are holding us apart.... and now im starting to understand instead of just blindly accepting.

make sense? maybe not... hehehe
    i just wanted all to know that i couldnt change what i do/don't believe in for her...

thanks again to all who replied =)

kid B

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hey KidB,

You sound like a great kid!

She is fortunate to have a friend who wants to knows just what makes her "tick", rather than ignore it and never completely understand her. I am sure there are many things you don't understand about her religion, but that's ok - maybe with you questioning her sometimes she may think more seriously about her faith.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

KidB,
    I couldn't agree more with all the advice you have been given!
    You sound like a great person and I hope you get all you wish for!
    I was raised a JW and left in June of 2000. It was and is a very difficult situation, because in the process of being true to myself I have basically lost all of my family. Once a person decides to leave the JW's for whatever reason, voluntarily or involuntarily, those still Witnesses cut you off.
    Good luck in your search for the facts! And no matter what the outcome with your girl is, I hope your heart heals quickly!
    Best of luck to you!
    TW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit