REGRETS and how I handle them.

by RevFrank 2 Replies latest jw friends

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Hello friends.......

I've been reading stories on, I should have done, , or I shouldn't have done, which to me turn to regretting it ever took place or not. Just thinking on what was or what we haven't done can bring anger, or frustration to mind. For some it can bring tears to the fore front.

Over the years I've done plenty or I haven't done enough to alter things in my life for a good out come. Many years back a friend of mine asked me a simple question, " Do I regret anything that could be a bad experience that bring up shame even in my future thoughts?

I thought about it, because I had many regrets....especially never trying to get rich.

AS I was thinking about those regrets I realized I could alter any or all of those regrets by really learning about them and over coming those regrets by looking at it from a positive poisition.

Now I was never a baptized witness. But of course my ex-wife was and I thought it would be neat if I became one. But after a year or two of studying I realized I wound up with more questions then even the Elders couldn't answer, yet at the same time, I was considered a witness by many. At the time there were 45 questions and 3 sessions with 15 questions and I was up to my last 15 questions when I asked an Over Seer, who was giving me my 15 questions....About the Mediatorship.

HE asked me where I got that information? I wnt into the issue that at one time the Watchtower believed that Christ was the Mediator for all and wouldn't never change. Then I questioned him about 1 John 5:1, where John told all that the word, "WHOEVER..believes that Jesus Christ is the Christ is born of God."......The Over Seer cancelled the meeting. I never finished those 45 questions.

Because my ex-wife sided with me, she was Dfd. Then I went on the War Path and discovering I was right.......Now did I regert not becoming a witness? At that time, yes. But later I ralized I could take that regret and turn it over and make it work for me. Years later I was Ordained a christian minister as a Reverend and began my life as a Born-Again-Christian-Minister on the field of Apologetics.

Every regret I ever can recall I used to bring out a positive approach towards my ministery. Now what does the Watchtower Society hate more then a former member teaching true christianity? A Born Again Christian, who was there and being a Christian minister.

The witnesses base their ministery basically on Matthew 5:5...yet they over look one important passage in Matthew 5 and that's verse 11 which says..." Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake."

Who's sake? Christ's sake. And one more that on that............

"But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be Witnesses to Me, in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth."(Acts 1:8) Who's witness, but Christs.

So to this day I can truthfully say I have no regrets on any issue. And once more Being Christ's slave I embrace forevermore.............Peace be with you always....

• skyman
    skyman

Luck you found out before you took the plunge.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Peace be with you as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit