Faithful and Discreet Slave?

by jeeprube 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I once questioned my father the elder about how we really knew the governing body was the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" spoken of in scripture. To answer he took me to the scripture (I cannot remember which one, and am too lazy to look it up) that asks the question......."who really is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?".......yada, yada, yada.

That's it. Their unshakable proof. But that doesn't prove anything I stated, it just asks the very same question I asked.

Sometimes the JW mind fascinates me. How an individual can read an unconclusive scripture and then decide to give his life to that individual. But I have learned something valuable from this................

I'm a polar bear! I am! I say I am, so I am a polar bear. In fact I am THE polar bear. Don't try to disagree with me, for I have been appointed by the Father Polar Bear to give you your seal blubber at the proper time........In fact I'm a raving lunatic, and so are those JW medicine men in Brooklyn!

(I'm not really a polar bear, or a raving lunatic)

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Don't you hate being caught in the crushing grip of logic and reason?

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Funny the guy above me really DOES think he's the polar bear.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Okay, now I am going to sit back and watch the number of posts on this thread ring up like the numbers on the gas pump.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Ahhh Yes the Parable. What evidence. lol They are masters at stretching scriptures well beyond their meaning, trying to weave a string of non related scriptures together to add weight to their doctrines, only because one of the scriptures carried a word or some phrase they felt they could utilize. Take a bible and any scripture and if you think long enough you can make it say whatever you like, and you can begin to add several together and even make a seemingly air tight explanation. Under closer examination though it is really full of holes and the binding holding it together will become undone. Much the same with the Watchtower, only problem is the R and F can't question or they face sanctions, so they have not much choice but accept a sketchy explanation as evidence. They are forced to accept and believe or lose their social environment and friends. Its blackmail at its worst.

Ticker

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Question?

are these illustrations (Matt 24) believed to have a literal fulfillment :-

two men - vs 40

two women- vs 41

the householder and the thief - vs 43

So why must vs 45 have to have a literal fulfillment ?

• Terry
    Terry

1.One servant (Evil Slave) treats the other domestic help badly; even brutally when the Master is away.

2.The other servant provides for the domestics with consideration.

Now, observe, if you will.

The household is divided into two categories: A. Domestics B.Servant in Charge of Domestics and Household.

IF, as the Governing Body says, the Evil Slave in scenario #1 = apostates, how can it fit the setting at all? People who are Apostate have LEFT THE ORGANIZATION and cannot feed or provide or abuse from within.

The worst you could accuse Apostates of doing is browbeating the Governing Body "Servant in Charge" and not the domestics themselves. Apostates don't publish a magazine like the Watchtower. Apostates don't hold weekly meetings with the JW's in attendance. The JW's have to come to the Apostates searching for a scrap of food in the first place. Why would they? Because they aren't being FED PROPERLY!

The only possible setting that fits the Evil Slave category would be the Governing Body itself who continues to browbeat the J.W.'s with burdensome rules, mindgames and restrictions that touch every facet of their personal lives to exert control!

To even be a candidate for EVIL SLAVE you have to have domestics under your wing and in your power by PERMISSION of the Master who is away.

Therefore, the Faithful and Discreet Slave would necessarily (to fit the setting) be anyone in a postion of authority over the other anointed who treated them tenderly and provided for them with love and attention to THEIR needs accordingly. This pretty much eliminates the Governing Body altogether.

The fruits of Governing Body leadership is disaffection, fear, power-brokering and a sense of trembling on the part of the flock. Nobody is allowed the freedom purchased by the blood of Jesus. They've set the clock back to Old Testament LAW. They've invalidated the very reason for Jesus sacrifice: FREEDOM TO ACT with a conscience of love.

When you have a group in power who watches your every move and dictates what is and is not proper behavior you've eliminated conscience and substituted force. Force=power. The Governing Body alone has the power to "beat" the slaves with warnings, disciplines, markings and disfellowshippings.

They've dug a mighty deep hole for themselves by even calling attention to that scripture!

The Worship of Jesus

The Watch Tower Society leadership under both Russell and Rutherford encouraged the worship of Jesus Christ. Rutherford wrote, “Jehovah God commands all to worship Christ Jesus because Christ Jesus is the express image of his Father, Jehovah, and because he is the Executive Officer of Jehovah always carrying out Jehovah’s purpose (Heb. 1:3–6).” 28

In 1944, Article II of the 1884 Watch Tower Charter was amended to state that among the “purposes of the…Society are…public Christian worship of Almighty God and Christ Jesus; [and] to arrange for and hold local and world-wide assemblies for such worship.” 29

The 1 January 1954 Watchtower concluded, however, “that no distinct worship is to be rendered to Jesus Christ now glorified in heaven.” 30 The 8 April 2000 Awake! states that “reverent adoration should be expressed only to God. To render worship to anyone or anything else would be a form of idolatry.” It concludes that “true Christians do well to direct their worship only to Jehovah God, the Almighty.” 31

THE MASTER, Jesus, will be happy about his turn of events and REWARD the Governing Body?

I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!

• upside/down
    upside/down

Faithful & Discreet...my ass!

They are neither...by any stretch of the definitions of those words...

They are however "wolves in sheeps clothing"...

And I'm askeeered of wolves...they hunt in packs...

u/d(of the sheep turned goat class...cuz nobody messes with a goat)

• Terry
    Terry

I tried to edit my post and give the source paragraph I quoted at the bottom, but, it only made the entire post swell up like a bee stung it in the ass!

The attribution is: http://www.equip.org/free/DJ555.htm

Very well-written article about the Faithful and Wise Servant issue.

Check it out.

T.

• VM44
    VM44

Rutherford was the Evil Slave!

Who else was abusive?

Who else was the tyrant boss over The Watcthower that intimidated everyone?

Who else was it that everyone was afraid to upset or disagree with?

It was the Evil Slave King Judge Rutherford!

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit