Another one sucked in

by feelinglost 2 Replies latest jw friends

• feelinglost
    feelinglost

Every once in a while I can get my mom to give me the latest on what's happening with the people I used to know and/or be friends with. She tells me they ask about me (yeah, right, why didn't they ask about me, or rather come talk to me, when I had stopped going to meetings before I got df'd?). So anyways, she says guess who's getting baptized? And I say who. My old roommate (and ex best friend's) husband. The one who swore up and down while I was around them that he would never join. Maybe occasionally go to meetings and what not, but he would never join. Not into organized religion. I'm sure he's probably doing it for her.

Oh, and then I said, oh, so he's doing it this weekend? And she said yes, and then goes, "how did you know when it was?" I said oh, i know a lot of things. It was kind of funny to make her wonder. Cause I knew when all the ones in my town were.

Another poor person got suckered in. My husband thought it was hilarious. I would love to show up this weekend, and as he is getting baptized yell "SUCKER!"

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Yeah, makes you sort of cringe, doesn't it?

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Does he really know what he's letting himself in for? Maybe you could print up some of the life stories on this board and show them to him so he knows what to expect. I f you do go and yell "sucker", I'll be yelling it with you, and I live 5000 miles away. TP Barnum was soooo right, there really is one born every minute. P lease give him my condolences

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit