DeYoung Alumni ?

by Stacey 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Stacey
    Stacey

Did anyone here attend DeYoung School in San Jose, CA? It was an all witness school. Just curious!

• out of the box
    out of the box

I had heard of an all witness school but never ever met anyone who went there! PLEASE DO TELL how it was there!!! Curious here!

out of the box

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

You're kidding. There was an all witness school in peace time?

• Stacey
    Stacey

I did indeed attend a small all witness school. It was run by a family. The father and mother taught, along with some other teachers. It was K through 12. I dont even remember details but I think it was about 60-80 students total. I was there in the 8th and 9th grades. They did group it into appropriate age groups. All of my high school credits did transfer from this school to public school when I went back to public school in the 10th grade. The crazy thing is that I WANTED to attend this school. I was a very shy withdrawn little girl. And... I hated feeling so different from the "world". I wanted the shelter. After two years I had enough shelter. It was fine, but by the time I was 16 I did not want to be restrained as a JW any longer. Our family left the religion a year later. I dont have bad memories at all of the school. I had some good witness friends there. Crazy. I have now been out of the JWs for almost 15 years, so the second half of my life so far. Done with it all and have totally moved on past the "troof".

• skyman
    skyman

I still can't hardly believe that there are WT's school.

• out of the box
    out of the box

Whenever we talked about it, it was referred to as a type of group homeschooling. Meaning that it had all JW teachers and students and they carried out the requirements that had to be met by the students for each grade. I often wondered if they studied the bible and read bible related issues all day or was it just like normal without mentioning Jah. Also, there must have been kid and teen issues there as well with kids not getting along, etc.

out of the box

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit